Chapter 10

A/N:

Although Sang Zan stutters, I will not type it out like that anymore. It will be too distracting.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Lin Jing sat on the floor and pouted. But when he thought no one was looking, he smiled. His revenge was complete.

"I think I heard the name 'Wang Ziqiang' in the VIP room when I was at the car show," Sang Zan offered.

"'Wang Ziqiang'???" Chu jumped up from his chair.

"Yes. It seems he was hoping to buy a car, but I don't think he actually could," Sang Zan replied. "I overheard some people saying that the invitation was actually for his father, but he came instead to look important. Of course his father wasn't going to buy him anything."

"It sounds like he hasn't grown up at all, still hiding behind his father," Chu said thoughtfully. "If his father wasn't around to protect him, he'd be a nothing. I need to get his father to disown him, or at least distance himself from him."

Zhao Yunlan knew the type well - the rich father with the good-for-nothing son who kept getting in to trouble. No matter what the son did, the father would bail him out, pay hush money to the higher ups, silence the media, anything to avoid a scandal that would tarnish the family name. He had chased a few sons in his day. His eyes fell on Zhu Hong and an idea popped into his head.

"Zhu Hong? Did I ever tell you how beautiful you are?"

Zhu Hong blushed but caught herself.

"You haven't, not until now. What's your plan?"

She was sharp. She could pull it off.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Wang Ziqiang was having a few drinks with a lady friend he had just met the day before. She was not that pretty, but she was wearing a designer dress and shoes, not to mention carrying a handbag that could pay for several months' rent for an ordinary mudblood. She was an elite, like himself, and he was determined to get on her good side, maybe weasel a couple nice gifts from her. He had another slip up recently and his father had frozen his credit cards again; tonight was her treat.

The door opened and in walked a stunningly beautiful woman dressed in red. All conversation stopped as she glided between the tables and gracefully settled herself at the bar. As she crossed her legs, the hem of her dress rose to reveal shapely white thighs. The bartender was used to seeing all kinds of people, but even he had a hard time keeping his voice even as he asked for her order. Her almost musical voice asked what kinds of fresh fruits he had on hand, and he said that peaches were in season.

"I would like a nice pinot noir and some of those peaches."

"Ma'am, it will take a little time but may I prepare the peaches for you?" the bartender intended to impress her.

"I would expect nothing less."

Wang Ziqiang watched the interaction. This woman was used to being served, and besides the red dress, she did not have any flashy accessories like the woman across from him; her beauty and aura alone were her accessories. Definitely came from good breeding. When her drink arrived, all turned to watch her reaction. She did not say a word, but the contented smile on her face made everyone smile, and other women started to order the same thing.