Chapter 1: Consequences

"Hawlucha, please...give me a real challenge." Greninja said as he shook his head.

"I'm giving you one! I'll admit that you're a stronger battler, but I'm doing my best here!" Hawlucha shouted, his body covered in numerous injuries.

"Please, that's your best? If that's the case then I doubt you'll be able to defeat me, not in a million years, you're too weak..." Greninja said dismissively.

Hawlucha's blood boiled upon hearing the word 'weak',"You know what! I'm done! If I'm going have to stay here and take whatever insults from you, fine! But you have the nerve to call me weak! Mark my words, I'll be back!" He snarled at Greninja.

"Hey, you two knock it off! Geninja that was harsh of you saying that, Hawlucha's trying his best." Ash said sternly.

"But, it's the truth! Maybe he's better off sparring with someone else." Greninja replied.

Before anyone could do anything, Hawlucha lept into the forest and disappeared into the lush jungles. Ash sighed and was about to go after him, but Greninja put his hand on Ash's shoulder, shaking his head sideways before crossing his arms and walking away.

"Let's go Ash. Even that you go find him, he'll just avoid you. He'll be back when he's fine." Greninja said as Ash reluctantly believed him and walks with him to the Pokemon Center.

"Come out everyone!" Ash shouted as he released Noivern and Talonflame, while Pikachu joined a minute later after finishing his ketchup bottle.
While Ash poured food into their respective bowls

"Hey, where's big bro?" Noivern asked, looking around for his brother.

"Let me guess, you two again?" Talonflame groaned and rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, I just told him to go spare with someone else cause he's too weak to spare with me yet. What's the problem with that?" Greninja replied.

The three Pokemon's eyes widened,"Greninja, maybe that's a little harsh saying that." Pikachu hesistantly say.

"Yeah, technically you're stronger than him though. I mean you're stronger than any of us now." Talonflame replied, his eyes twitched abit. Before nipping on his food.

"Enough first!" Noivern shouted."We need to go get him!" He barked.

"He'll be back before you know it, don't bother." Greninja replied.

"B-But-" Noivern started, only to be cut off.

"He'll be fine, Noivern. Hawlucha can take care of himself." Greninja reassured and chewed his food.

"O-Okay, I guess..." Noivern replied, looked a little sad as he quietly eat his food and head back to train with Ash and the others.

But as nightfall came, Hawlucha still haven't returned back from the forest. Which worried everyone, especially Ash and Noivern, who are on the verge of panicking.

"Big bro, isn't back yet..I'm worried..." Noivern said worryingly as he looked at the moon through one of the Pokemon Center's window.

"Greninja, you said he'll be back soon. How is this 'soon'?" Ash said, rounding up on him.

"I-I don't know, he should be back a few hours ago. This has never happened before..." He nervously say.

"Alright, we'll go find him. Greninja, I expect you to apologize to him as soon as we see him." Ash said sternly.

"Fine..." Greninja sighed.

They walk for around half an hour, before hearing a rustling sound from on of the trees. Looking up, they saw a red-clawed hand hanging down from one of tree branches, although the lush green leaves covered the rest of the body, it was enough for a hint.