Chapter 3: Old friends, new companions

Ash started running towards the Pokemon center, his partner Pikachu was on his shoulder holding on for his dear life. Lagging behind was his three frantic yet caring companions, who were trying to keep up with his pace, especially the yellow-blonde boy.

Ash was excited to see to see his three strong and long time partners in his first, third and fourth journeys throughout his journey throughout the Pokemon world so far. Surely they have some rough times and had never been able to win a league...yet, but their friendship remained strong as ever, just as he thought about that, he felt a sharp pang and some guilt in him, causing him fo slow down his running pace as he reached the automatic front door of the Pokemon center.

He sat down in an empty couch in the Pokemon center and stared at the floor. Pikachu looked on curiously at his trainer.

"Ash? What's wrong?" He asked.

"Ah! No! Nothing Pikachu!" Ash replied suddenly, snapping out of his thoughts.

Pikachu crossed his arms and puffed his cheeks, sparks of electricity coming out from his red spots on his cheeks. "Tell me, what's wrong?" He pressed.

Ash sighed loudly and eventually gave in, Pikachu knew him too well. He hesitant for a while qnd replied; "I was just thinking how those three would react when I call them here and..."

"And what?" He asked, cocking his head to the side.

Ash remained silent for a while before asking;"Pikachu, do you think I'm a good trainer?"

Pikachu was taken aback by the sudden doubt of his trainer before nodding furiously, looking at him in shock; "Ash, of course you are a good trainer! I mean you've helped saved the world, risk your life for many Pokemon, including me several times!" Pikachu said, scratching his head mareepishly. "But most of all, look after all of us with utmost care! How could you not be a good trainer?" He answered.

Ash just crossed his arms, before shuffling his feet uncomfortably, "I know that, but..." He paused.

"But?" Pikachu asked, raised his eyebrows.

Ash had a look of worry and guilt clearly shown on his face."I just think that they would be mad at me and to be honest I'm scared, Pikachu. I'm scared that they would be mad at me for leaving them for such a long time. I mean, I haven't used any Pokemon from my own disposal everytime I went on a new journey, well not counting the Sinnoh league against Tobias." He chuckling abit, before lowering his eyes again;"I just left them at Professor Oak's lab and didn't use them after I left them there. I feel bad for not giving them so much of an attention after I went on a new journey. Instead, I was only giving all that previlege to you" He grimnanced abit while clenching his fists in anger.

Pikachu looked shocked, but then smiled gently before patting his partner's cheeks,"Ash...I'm sure they'll understand, you helped them more than they could ask. Me and the others surely couldn't have a better trainer than you now. So, why don't we get them? I'm sure you can say something to them."

Ash took a deep breath as he calmed down from his partner's touch, before scratching Pikachu's head making him cooed in pleasure and smiled."You're right buddy, and from now on I'll give every one of my Pokemon equal attention, and we'll win the league together!"

Pikachu cheered along with his trainer,"Yeah!"

With that said, Ash walked up to the phone, with a a new and re-ignited determination back in him once more.
(That would be a good place to end it XD)

Ash swiftly grabbed the phone and dialed Professor Oak's number. After a few rings, the aging Kanto Professor appeared on the screen with his usual welcoming smile on his face.