Even further

Good morning/day/afternoon lovelies!! sorry it's taken so long to get this fic back up and running but I've made a decision.
This will be a short fic, sorta like the limited series' on Netflix. I hope you guys don't hate me but I have so many fics on the to atm, and I have no idea where to  go after Lucifer and Chloe get married. Once I upload the final chapter I will be editing the whole thing to the point where it'll be worth a reread (I'm aware the writing was terrible at the start)
Anyways, on with the chapter!!

Wedding planning is stressful.
Take it from someone who's done it twice before, it doesn't get easier.
Or- maybe it's not meant to, most people don't often do it more than once...

The cake and venue are already done but the guest list, catering, and dress aren't. There's also plenty of little things that need sorting.
It's sort of fun the first time but afterwards it's just tedious.
Lucifer, however, seems unbothered.

I pour over the long lists of caterers, menus, dress styles, and possibly every person Lucifer and I have ever met, I'm not sure how we're ever going to narrow it down to accommodate our smaller venue size.

As I pick up a pen my ring catches the light, shimmering distractingly.
I allow myself a second away from the piles upon piles of paper begging for my attention in order to gaze at the ring on my finger, a habit that has recently become my favourite pass time.

I smile fondly to myself. This is my most treasured possession, and
- not to toot my own horn -
possibly the single most important artefact in the history of, well, history.
I got Satan to fall in love, to become better, to become a father.
This ring is a sign of all that, and hell if I'm letting it, or him go.

I shuffle the papers back into their respective folders and sigh, fidgeting with the ring on my finger anxiously as I eye up the large
'wedding dresses' folder lying on my pillow.
I'm going to pick my dress today.
Ella, Linda, Trixie and Maze are coming with me to 'help', although I doubt they'll do much in the way of helping.

My phone buzzes with a text from Maze, she and the girls are on their way to collect me after picking up Trixie from Dan's.

I finally emerge from my 'wedding cave' as Lucifer lovingly calls it.
I sort out my hair and brush a last layer of mascara on my lashes in the living room mirror. Lucifer is on the couch watching TV after being somewhat unceremoniously thrown out of our bedroom after his attempt to 'help' with planning.

"Alright babe, the girls are on their way so I'm off soon" I say, slouching over the back of the couch and wrapping my arms around his chest from behind, he groans and kisses me.

"Oh- that's no fun, stay with me and mess around a bit" He says slyly, pulling me onto his lap and kissing me deeper.

"mhm- Lucifer! I have to go, we can't do this now!" I laugh, though I don't particularly want him to stop.

"Oh come on" He whines, I chuckle and shove him off so I can stand.

"Boring" He calls as I pour two drinks, one for him and one for me. I roll my eyes at him and he smirks, switching the tv off.

"You're an idiot" I tell him, he beams at me sweetly and I laugh. I hand him his drink, holding my own aloft at arm's length.

"A toast, to us, and our long, ridiculous journey. To the best years of our lives. We've come so far, and we'll go even further." I grin.
He smiles fondly and clinks his glass to mine.

"Couldn't have said it better myself." He smiles, standing to pull me close. He kisses me deeply.

Someone knocks at the door and I jump away before it swings open.
Trixie dashes into the room and hugs me tight.
"Woah- Hey monkey!" I laugh, kissing her on the forehead. The others walk in, chatting about something or other.

"Hi mom! I'm really excited for later!" She says happily. Lucifer grins and pulls her under his arm in a hug.
I smile, observing the pair interact.

"Me too kid! Go check if you have everything you need okay?" I say, she nods and runs to her room.

I greet everyone and suggest we all take a seat which is met with agreement all round.
Maze plonks onto the couch next to me and lies down, resting her legs on Lucifer's lap, who seems to have given up protesting the act.

"That kid is full of energy, huh?" Ella sighs, I laugh in agreement.

"Yep, try living with it for twelve years" I say, Maze thinks for a moment.

"Hey Luci, wasn't that the way you tortured that guy one time?" She asks, Lucifer nods.

"Ah yes that chap! I seem to remember feeling bad for the poor soul" He notes, Maze nods in confirmation.

"Lucifer! You'll scare poor Linda!" I laugh incredulously, pointing to the new mother who smiles somewhat anxiously.

"Not at all. Charlie is, well, an angel." She smiles happily. Its true what they say about new mothers, that there's a beautiful glow around them, Linda is practically sparkling.

Trixie hurries back in with her purple backpack slung over her shoulder, she's positively vibrating with excitement.

"I'm ready to go! Come on, Come on!" She grins, jumping up and down.
I glance at Lucifer as he smiles at Trixie, unaware that I'm watching him.
The way he acts with her, how he treats her like the most important person in the world, I can hardly believe he's the same person he was when we met.

"Well, I guess we should go then" I chuckle, bringing my attention back to Trixie who is dragging Maze off the couch. Lucifer kisses me on the forehead before I can stand.

"See you later Chloe, have fun!" He calls after me as I'm ushered out the door by my overly excited wedding party.
The door shuts behind us and Maze whoops loudly, Trixie copies her and pulls me by the arm to the long black car waiting outside.

"You got me a limo!? It's not even my bachelorette party yet!" I gasp, looking around at the others in shock. They all grin.

"Well, we just wanted to treat you mom! You work so hard, you deserve some fun." Trixie squeezes my hand and pulls me along to the door, which Ella opens for me, bowing with her arm spread in direction.

We pull up before the bridal shop we made our booking for and unload.
I take a deep breath as I observe the volume of white silk and chiffon in the display window and suddenly become rather intimidated.
All the other stuff felt easier. The venue and the cake, they're less permanent but a dress... The dress feels different. Scarier. Bigger.
I wish Lucifer was here.

Maze taps me on the shoulder and smiles reassuringly.
I falsely smile back.
Ella and Linda press gentle hands to my back and Trixie takes my hand.

"We're aren't gonna get much done stood out here are we? Come on!" Maze grins, pushing me toward the doors.
I pull them open and step inside.