Part One

Portal/Borderlands: The Girlfriend

Characters: Claptrap, GLaDOS [ClapDOS]

Synopsis: Having a girlfriend is REALLY hard, but it's also way more awesome than he'd thought it was going to be.

Part One.

Synopsis: He wants to touch her so bad but she is just not having it.

So, Claptrap had this girlfriend.

That, right there, was a miracle in and of itself. He was still a little confused about that.

One of the things about his girlfriend – whew. Still getting used to saying that, even to himself – was that she was super hot. Now, Claptrap thought that about pretty much every girl he saw, but when he said this girl was the prettiest girl he'd ever seen, he actually did mean it. She had a lot of things in her favour there. For one thing, there was only one of her. Back on Pandora, there were like a million of each kind of robot. Line up a whole bunch of a product line and it'd be real hard to tell them apart from each other. Which they got really insulted about, and that was super unfair. But none of that with GLaDOS. Nah, there was just the one of her. She also seemed to have been designed completely with the aesthetic in mind, which was a nice change from the constant blocky chassis from back home. She was just one big set of curves. It was very sexy.

The other other thing about her was that she was... well, she was big. Claptrap had seen big robots before, obviously, but they were usually only that size because they had so many guns on 'em. GLaDOS did not have any guns on her; she just happened to be a large robot. Which was great! He was all about that. There was just one problem.

What was the point of having a giant, super hot robot for a girlfriend if you weren't allowed to touch her?

Ohhh, she'd made that super clear. Because he'd asked before, like, lots of times, and he was gonna ask lots of times more. That made him look like a huge jerk, and he knew that, but thing was some girls really did just wanna be convinced about stuff. And he always got the impression GLaDOS was just waiting for him to say the right thing. Just waiting for him to come up with that thing that would change her mind. It was kinda like a test, and if there was one thing he knew about her for sure it was that she really liked her tests. Besides. She never got angry with him for asking. She would just tell him the answer was no and then he'd give up until the next time he thought of some new way to put it. He was running out of ideas on that front, though.

GLaDOS was very into working pretty much constantly (she probably even did it while she was asleep) but she didn't seem to have a problem with him hanging out with her and just talking. She didn't answer him that often, but he knew she was listening, and that was good enough for him! One day he was behind her and just looking up at where she was plugged into the ceiling and wondering what life was like when you couldn't so much as leave the room. She seemed content with it, but with her you just never really knew.

"You ever wonder what you're doing up there?" he asked, not really expecting an answer, but she said,

"It was expensive to build both robots and computers back then."

Claptrap tapped one hand under his optic. "Nah. That can't be it."

She actually turned around to look at him. "What is it, then."