Part Three

Part Three. 

Synopsis: He probably shouldn't have done that.  Too late now...

Being allowed to hang out in GLaDOS's chamber while she was asleep made him feel a lot better.

She didn't do anything, obviously; she just hung there sleeping.  All he was even doing was the same stuff he did while she was awake, like talk about whatever came to mind or fool around on the ECHONet.  More of the 'Net, usually.  And she told him every day before she went to sleep not to touch her or else, except for the last eight days.  She had either decided he'd gotten the hint, or there was another hint he wasn't getting at all.  Because the only time he'd been allowed to touch her in like three weeks now was had been when they were fooling around.  Which was weird!  She'd never let him do that before.

The last time had been even weirder.  Not only had he gotten the usual strange sense of relief from her she seemed to have when they did it, but she also kinda just... sat there and let him hug her after.  He didn't even remember why he was doing that.  And he didn't wanna ruin this good thing he had going, but still he decided he had to ask,

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah."

Well, that hadn't told him what was up.  "Look, we uh... we don't have to keep doing this.  If you don't want to," he'd told her, even though the mere thought of holding himself to that offer was like torture.  Seriously!  Having that chassis in front of him all the time and never being able to interface with it would have practically been a crime against robotkind!

"Hm?"

"You always seem kinda... relieved that we're done."

"Oh," GLaDOS had said, as though the thought had never occurred to her.  Which was wild!  "I am.  But not because of anything to do with you."

Encouraging! but not helpful.  "And... the reason is..."

But then she had moved away and said she was going to sleep, and that had been that.  And that had been four days ago.

He really didn't want to wait another week or however long to be able to touch her again.  Especially since she hadn't told him not to.  Not recently, at least.  He didn't wanna take advantage or anything!  Really!  He just wanted to cuddle her as much as possible!  And she didn't even have to be on!  He wasn't even asking to take up any of her time to do it!  He was cool with just doing it while she was asleep!  She probably wouldn't even notice!

Oh.  Oh, wait.  That was true.  She probably wouldn't.  She'd never mentioned the fact that he talked to her at night, so she probably wasn't conscious at all.  Not even a little bit.  It was really hard to tell with admin bots, since their task lists were more of a twenty-four-seven dealie, but she wasn't the kind of person to keep quiet if he was doing something she didn't like.  But she couldn't dislike something she didn't know was happening!

Would that count as being sneaky, though?  He already knew asking her direct questions was not the way to get an answer of any kind.  He just sorta had to ease into things and wait and see if she told him to stop.  Which he wouldn't have to do for this, since she'd be totally asleep and not know about it at all.

Well, what did he have to lose?  He was just gonna go for it.  She probably wouldn't even get that mad.  Probably.  She might.  Hopefully not mad enough to kick him out, though.  He really liked living here.  Also, he really liked her.  Which was why he just couldn't bear to keep his hands off her!  And honestly it would be weird if he did want such a thing!  She was so big and so beautiful and it felt so good to just put his arms around her as far as he could reach and just sit there and listen to all the noise her brain made as she went on thinking those smart thoughts of hers.  Ohhhh.  He shivered.  Okay, now he was really gonna do it.  He could not go another second without holding her again.  It'd be fine.  No big deal.  It was nothing at all to cuddle your girlfriend while she was sleeping even though she hadn't actually told you it was okay to do that.  Probably everyone else did it all the time and he was late to the game.  Which... wasn't unusual, actually.