Ch.7

Elsa's POV

I slump up the stairs and into my room. I flop onto the bed and sigh. I think to myself,

"He left me when I needed him most! And when he finally comes back, all he does is apologize? I'm not even sure why I feel so heartbroken right now. Sure he seemed sincere, with those big, blue eyes, and- stop it Elsa. You can't do this to yourself. He doesn't love you. He left you."

"He hates me" I whisper to myself.

"No I don't." Says a familiar voice. I gasp and look up.

"Jack?" I ask.

"Elsa, I don't know how I'll ever be able to make it up to you. I'm so so sorry for leaving you. It'll never happen again." He says. He looks at me, hopeful. I'm tired of being angry with him, but I still need to know something.

"Jack, I know your sorry, but why did you leave in the first place?"

He glances at me, then at the floor, and says, "you wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Please jack." I plead. I walk over to the window seat where he's sitting and sit across from him. He brings his eyes up to meet mine.

"I'm immortal." He says.

"What?" I ask.

"Wait," he says. "Let me finish. If your going to know, you need to know all of it. I never really left you Elsa, I just stayed in the shadows, because I couldn't bear not being around you. When I kissed your cheek that night 4 years ago, I realized I had fallen in love, and I can't fall in love with a mortal. Someday you'll die, and I'll still be here. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I left you because I love you Elsa."

I take in all this information, stunned. Can I really believe him? He looks so sincere. He wouldn't lie to me. Would he?

Jack's POV

"She thinks I'm crazy," I think to myself.

"I believe you," she says after a while.

"I know it's crazy," I start to say. "Wait what? You believe me?"

"Yes," she says.

Our eyes meet, and we stare at each other for a moment. I feel myself start to move forward. I try to resist, but I can't. Elsa moves slowly closer too. I've never kissed someone before. Will it be the way I imagined it? Her eyes close, and I do the same. I feel my lips press against hers, and all the sudden I can't breathe. I can't think. All I know is that I'm here with Elsa, sharing a perfect moment. I feel amazing, like I'm on top of the world. I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her close, and she puts her arms around my neck. When Elsa finally pulls away, she mumbles something, but I don't quite catch it.

"What?" I ask.

"I love you too." she whispers.

We're still on the window seat, and she lies down on the cushion, with her head in my lap, and falls asleep. And soon, I drift off too.