Sid had offered to come to my house to help me prepare but I declined. It was only a high school party plus having her over would make sneaking off from right under my mother's nose all that much
harder.

I accepted her offer for a ride though cause I didn't want to arrive with Brian and make it seem like there was something gojng on. I wanted to have fun with no obligations to anybody.

I put on black leather pants that glued to me like a latex glove and a black crop top written "Rebel" in gold across the boob area. I looked in the mirror and liked what I saw.

The crop top left my midriff bare. My stomach was not washboard flat but it was toned from years of gymnastics and had enough muscle to look great. The seal in the deal was my belly button piercing. I
wasn't narcissistic or anything (ok maybe a little bit) but in the crop top combined with the pants that clung to all my curves I knew I looked hot.

I had already finished with my make-up. I had put some heavy eyeliner suitable for a club and some sparkly gold eye shadow. I didn't really need mascara, but I still went through with the formality.

I pulled my hair into a tight high pony and put some large hoops through my earlobes. I was not much of a heels girl so I wore my favourite white black high-tops.

After putting on some gloss I grabbed my smaller phone and gold clutch with a chain that I used to sling it across my body. My iphone vibrated from my dressing table just as I was about to go out. My best friend's name showed on the screen. She was the only one from home who knew where I really was and how I'd gotten there.

"Lexi!" I screamed into the device barely able to believe it.

"Ouch, I miss you too lil mama but no need to bust each other's eardrums about it," she said and I laughed, a feeling of homesickness washing over me with great intensity.

"I'm sorry, it's just been a terrible day," I sighed sitting on my bed.

"That bad?" She asked.

"Not really, I'm going for a party now," I told her deciding to focus on the positive.

"First day? Someone is desperate to get laid," she teased me.

"Oh believe me, there are endless candidates but it's not even that, I need to unwind."

"Your dad is gonna blow a fuse."

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him."

"Leo's been asking about you," she said.

Leo was my on-off hook up. He was the closest thing to a boyfriend I'd had.

"Shut up, we both know he's already moved on," I scoffed.

He'd never been faithful when we were together. To expect him to start being loyal now seemed a bit of a stretch.

"Really, he came over to my house today. But anyway, tell me, have you found a good team yet?" Lex squealed.

"They don't have gymnastics. "

"What?" Her indignation was just like my own.

"That's what I said."

"But you can't not have sessions. You'll get left behind. Jordan you promised we'd try out together for the nationals," she began panicking.

"I don't like it either babe but what else can I do? My dad said it's military school or this," I sighed.

"At least in military school you'd be training. "

I wanted to tell her I'd decided to join cheer but Lexi wouldn't let me hear the end of it. She'd laugh until I regretted ever opening my mouth. I still couldn't believe it myself.