Chapter 1

"Leo get up your going to be late!" My dad yelled from downstairs. I am the son of the pumpkin king, Jack Skeleington. I'm 16 turning 17 in a few weeks, the day before Halloween. I attend HHS Holiday Highschool. I know it's a pretty stupid name for a school for the kids of the holidays, like come on be more creative for once.

Anyway, I walked downstairs to see my dad cooking breakfast "Your breakfast is on the table, eat and get going" my dad said, so I grabbed my breakfast which was two slices of pumpkin-spiced toast, and waited on the porch for my bus. The bus came and I get on to see my best friend Tillie waiting for me in our seats. Tillie is the daughter of the queen of Thanksgiving, her name is short for Matilda, she has been my best friend since grade school.

"How did you sleep?" She asked, "Fine I guess, I don't get much sleep when my dad is the King of Halloween and is always up planning for Halloween, which is in a few weeks." I said as Vale and Celest got on the bus next, they are the son and daughter of the queen of  Valentine's day. I had a crush on Vale but I never want to say anything because I feel like he won't feel the same.

"Hey Leo, do you have anything to say to my brother?" Celest says as she wiggles her eyebrows at me. My face turned bright red and I studdered "I-I... no I don't..." Qin got on next and kicked me out of my seat so she could sit with Tillie, so I had to sit with Vale. The bus turned and I fell into Vale's lap. My heart started to race as I looked up into his light pink eyes. "Are you comfortable there?" Vale said smiling at me.

I just stared at him, I mean who wouldn't want to just stare at him. "Hello?" Vale waved his hand in front of my face. I blinked a couple of times before saying "Oh, I'm sorry the bus turned and...." Vale just smiled at me, was I blushing why was he smiling at me!? "It's okay, you know you are really cute when you get flustered." He said giggling at me. I turned my head away from him, but he just grabbed my chin and turned my head back to face him.

My face was as red as a fireball candy. He giggled at me before saying "You're even cute when you blush" Vale saying that just made my face turn even redder. Why was he doing this to me! Does he like watching me get flustered over him or something!? "I-I-I am?" I asked trying not to scream I love you in his face. "Of course you are, and I was wondering if you would like to go see one of the new movies that are coming out this weekend." He said. Oh, my goblin Vale Valentine just asked me out!!!!

"Yeah, I would love too" Did I just say that!? "Here let me give you my number" he took my phone and put his number in it under 'Vale♡'. I just wanted to scream my heart out, my crush just asked me out on a date, and now I have his number! My day can't get any better. "Hey, do you want to eat lunch with me today?" Vale asked. Nevermind my day can get better, I just nodded and he smiled and held my hand.

AAAAHHHHH he is holding my hand oh my goblin. I hope this day continues to get better. We all got off the bus and walked into the school Vale continued to hold my hand throughout the day, he even offered to carry my books. Of course, we got looks from some of the more popular holidays, like Julie, Ju-lee, and Pat or Patrick.

They are the most popular kids in school, Julie is the daughter of the king of 4th of July, Ju-lee's the daughter of the king of Chinese new year, and Patrick is the son of the king of St. Patrick's day. They all three looked at us when we were walking around, I mean the prince of Halloween with the prince of Valentine's day I would stare too if I was them.

Anyway, we got to lunch, and as promised Vale sat with me and everyone else at my table. The table consisted of Tillie, me Nick, Champ, Qin, and now Vale. Qin and Tillie were already a couple, Qin is the daughter of the queen of Kwanzaa and they both gave me looks when they saw Vale holding my hand. "So, are you two together now?" Tillie asked and I nodded.

Vale took his out of his bag and gave me some candy corn. "Some candy corn for my little pumpkin." As soon as he called me his little pumpkin my face turned red and I hid my face in my shirt. Vale giggled and ate his lunch. Everyone got their food and as everyone was eating Nick started to say something "So, have you two decided on a couple's costume yet?"

Nick is the daughter of the ruler of Christmas, she is the most innocent little bean. I told her that we haven't even talked about it yet, she said okay and continued to eat her lunch. After school Vale, Tillie, and Qin all left school because our classes were over and we were allowed to leave. So I called my dad to send down a car for us to take to the mall.

Of course, as a joke, my dad sent down a hearse because he's weird but that's not important. So, we get in and Qin drives us to the mall. When we got there Tille and Qin go off and do their couple stuff which left me with Vale. I don't mind being alone with him I just still can't believe that I'm dating Vale Valentine. "So, which store do you want to go to first?"

He asked and without a moment's hesitation I said "Hot Topic." Vale giggled "okay my little pumpkin," he said, and right after he kissed me on the cheek. Did that just happen!? He kissed my cheek!!! This day is the best day of my life. We walked down to Hot Topic but before we got to Hot Topic, we stopped at Starbucks. Vale bought both of us a pumpkin spice frappuccino.

I tried to pay him back for buying me one but he yelled at me  " No, you are not paying for anything today, we are on a date and I want to spoil you" he hands me my frappuccino, did I tell you I love this man with every fiber of my being.  Anyway, we got to Hot Topic and I went immediately for the jewelry, I found these really cute couple rings. "Those are cute, do you want them?" Vale asked as he hugged me from behind.

I handed him the rings and he bought them, as soon as he bought them we put them on each other. As we walked around the mall looking for Tillie and Qin I started to get cold. Vale noticed and put his jacket on me. "There you go" his jacket smells like fresh roses, it smells so good. We ended up texting Tillie and telling her we were leaving and that I would text my dad to send down another car for them. We left and Vale wouldn't tell me where we were going. As we pulled in I saw that we were going to the restaurant Miso.