Chapter Four

Throes of Love 2

It had been a week now. She and Joshua had been living at the Santiagos house. She had come to realize now that no one was looking for her. If Alfonso had been looking, she would have been found by now. But nothing.

Her life was basically the same every day. Spend time with her son, listen to Isobel whine to her brothers and Rafael always starring at her like she wasn't from this world. Honestly, she couldn't say she liked the attention at all. Then there was Isobel, who kept looking at her longingly.

Chanel didn't know what to do because Isobel had been the one to bring them into this mess. Isobel has been the one she trusted and now she was let down. She was stuck in a place where her son was mostly fussing and she sure as hell knew the price she would pay when Alfonso found her while she was trying to escape. A sad smile made its way to her face as she thought of him. There was no way she could really avoid him because her son was beginning to look more and more like his father. If anything, Chanel was glad he got his father's features because they were good to look at.

Just then, there was a knock on her door and looked to her side, hoping Joshua was still asleep before she called out for the person to come in.

To her shock, it was no other than Peter. Tatiana's father. Nathaniel was right behind him.

"You bastard!" Chanel hissed as lowly as she could.

"Yes. This is her. She was always very feisty, although I can see she looks a little different." Peter said, looking to her slightly protruding belly then to her face. "Alfonso never mentioned she was expecting."

"That's because the woman hides things from him, but that is not important here, Peter. I am just showing you proof I have her." Nathaniel said, intensely looking at her.

"I want her. But I do not want the children to come with me. I'll take her back to Italy. He'll never find her and maybe he will regret what he has done to my Tati. " Peter said, glaring at her.

"Ahh, Peter no. That isn't the plan." Nathaniel started, still starring her. They were speaking about her like she wasn't in the room. "I know Alfonso has offended you, but he's paying already. His father will probably not last long enough and—"

"Oh my God! Octavio! What have you done to him? What have you done to him, you bastard?!" Chanel said with rage, but still to keep her voice down.

"If that child wakes up, I will make sure you do not see him for the rest of the week," Nathaniel said, glaring at her.

Chanel did what was best for herself and her son. She lowered herself to bed as she thought about Octavio's health. She hoped they had y done anything to him. He was a nice man and apparently the only grandfather her son would have.

"Seems you have her under control," Peter said, smiling at her. She almost emptied her insides as she watched how his eyes dilated in lust.

"I want to assure you that the only person that has me under control is Alfonso, which is something two of you will never have." Chanel managed to say in anger.

"Peter I always thought you were smart enough not to mess with Alfonso and his family, but you are just as thick headed as your stupid daughter," Chanel said before she looked at Nathaniel. 

"And you. Isobel will die. She will die and I will not make sure I'm not there to save her." Chanel said looking at Nathaniel with so much hate in her eyes.

Nathaniel walked to her slowly before he wrapped his hand around her neck, squeezing it slowly.

"Before she dies, you'll already be dead," Nathaniel said before he released shoving her away, not caring if she falls.