1. Doosri Mulaaqaat (Second Meeting)

1 am: Kalighati, NH 28D

The night was eerily silent and darker today since it was an Amavasya. As usual, there were no street lights and the bus carrying 50 odd passengers was passing through the dense woods of Kalighati. There was nothing except the headlights which could help the driver to decipher the way ahead. Also, the road was fairly empty at this time of night. The lights inside the bus were off and the commuters were fast asleep. Suddenly, the bus came to screeching halt as the driver applied immediate brakes. The bus jerked and feeling the push the passengers were now wide awake. When one of them bobbed his head out, his face grew paler as he saw few thugs emerging from the forest and one of them standing exactly in front of the bus holding a pistol. The man was a constable in ATS and he quickly sent an SOS to his department citing an emergency. Entering the bus, the thugs snatched away everyone's phones and fired in air.

Thug 1 (in a threatening voice) - Chup chaap apne gehne, maal, paisa aur jitni bhi keemti cheez hai sab iss peti mei daal do. Agar koi hoshiyaari karne ki koshish ki toh ek ek ki jaan le lunga (Put all your jewellery, cash and other valuables in this suitcase without creating a fuss. Remember your oversmartness can cost you life)

************************************
1:30 am, ATS Headquarters, Delhi

Officer (panicking) - Tiwari Sir, we have received an emergency call from one of our officers stating that a bus has been hijacked near Kalighati forest on NH 28D

Tiwari (in action) - Approximate distance from Delhi

Officer - Roughly 2 hours

Tiwari - Civilians?

Officer - Around 40-50

Tiwari - And hijackers?

Officer - 4

Tiwari (authoritatively) - Send an SOS to Chauhan right away...

Officer (following the order) - Sir, shall we inform the nearby local police station about the incident

Tiwari (showing him a hand and saying in a relaxing tone) - No need. He is enough for all of them. Just call up and ask his aide Siddharth Ahuja to reach the place as soon as possible

******************
2 am: Kalighati, NH 28D

The driver applied the brakes abruptly as he saw a man standing in the middle of road leaning against his bike.

Driver (looking out of the window and stammering in fear) - Kya chahiye? (What do you want?)

Man (in a raised voice) - Bike ka tyre puncture ho gaya hai. Lift chahiye (My bike's tyre is punctured. I need a lift)

The driver looked behind at the man who stood pointing a gun for his permission. The goon nodded and the driver removing his hand out of the window signalled the man to come in. When the man moved inside the bus, he gazed back as he heard someone locking the door. When he again turned his face to find a seat for himself, one of the goons placed the gun right on his forehead

Goon 1 (loading his gun) - Haath upar (Hands up)

The man did as he was ordered and suddenly shoved off the goon's hand. Bending down, he took out a knife from his socks and stabbed the man right in his heart. Taking his loaded gun, he killed the other goon standing near the driver's cabin. Hearing the screams and gunshots of the 2 men, the other 2 goons who were at the farthest end of the bus came forward and fired shots towards the man who killed their accomplice. The man ducked his head down and dodged the bullets that hit the window panes breaking it into pieces. The pieces shattered and pierced through some of the passengers hurting them. The man kicked one of the goon right below his knee with such a force that he shouted and cried holding his leg in pain. As a result, the goon dropped his gun and the man caught it. Standing up, he gave a hard punch on the goon's nose making it bleed and in no time the goon fell on the floor unconscious. He pulled the trigger of the pistol and emptied 4 consecutive bullets right in the last one's forehead. The remaining 2 bullets were discharged on both legs of the attacker who fainted. He showed his identity card to the commuters who heaved a sigh a relief and thanked him.

Man (in a loud voice) - Bus ko jald se jald khaali keejiye. Aapko sahi salaamat ghar pohchaana ab hamaari zimmedaari hai (Get out of the bus. It is our responsibility to make you reach your home safely)

The travellers emptied the bus one by one and the man scanned the bus for one last time. He was about to exit when his eyes caught sight of a familiar piece of fabric. Taking out his service revolver, he cautiously stepped near the backseat of the bus. When he reached, he saw some movements beneath the leather jacket. Fisting the jacket in his palms, he removed it swiftly and at the same time kept his gun on the person's forehead whose head was down and was shaking like a leaf.

Man (sternly) - Idhar dekh. Palat
(Look up)

When the girl looked up, he immediately pulled away his gun.

Man (exclaiming in shock) - Tu? (You)

He was flabbergasted seeing her here; he had even wondered whether he would ever get a chance to thank her for saving him. And today again he found her though unexpectedly yet in the same state as he had seen her 4 days back; afraid, panicked and trembling in fear.

Tucking the gun at his back, he tried to gauge her confused expressions making him bewildered whether she remembered the man she helped 4 days back. He saw her narrowing her eyes as she tried to recall his face. The way she was scrutinizing his face made him question his own handsome features. Agreed that, his half face was covered with blood 4 days back when she saw but it was not that bad that he seemed unrecognizable to her today. Seconds later he saw her countenance changing from anonymity to familiarity and he heaved a sigh of relief.

Girl (in a shaky voice) - Aap... (You)

She was seated at the backseat of the bus near the window lost in her thoughts when the bus had come to a sudden halt and when her gaze fell outside the window she trembled in fear as she saw some goons attacking their bus. Sliding herself in the small space between 2 seats, she hid herself under the jacket she wore. She could hear all the chaos in the bus and just prayed that the goons shouldn't find her. And then gun shots were heard as she could fathom that some man had come to their rescue. When she felt silence prevailing in the bus, she raised up and sat on the seat. She was about to remove the jacket, when she felt someone removing it harshly and pointing a gun at her. When she turned her face to look at the man, she felt as if she had seen him before. Racking her brain hard to identify the man, she finally succeeded as the realisation seeped in that he was the officer she encountered 4 days back...

************************************

That's right... Their second meeting... But how did they actually end up meeting each other for the first time... Stay tuned...

If you like it... Do vote and comment...