The Plan

The Plan. That's what me and the voice were calling it. The Plan was just beginning with phase 1: pushing all the people I once knew away from me. Beginning Monday, I will tell everyone that I will be leaving school for some time and will be without internet access so they won't try to contact me. I also will tell them that the trip could take anywhere from 2 weeks to the rest of the school year. The point is to cut off the relationship with them for a while.

Time Skip(1 week)

I was walking into my class room when I was stopped by Gabriel, my closest friend. Just looking at him made me want to already give up on The Plan. He has been my friend for years, helping me through things that had already almost pushed me to this limit.

"Hey man, what's up?" I start our conversation.

"Nothing much. Look, I'm worried about you, dude. You haven't been yourself lately..." Gabriel replied. He was always looking out for me, noticing any time my mood changes. "Would you mind if I came over tonight? I wanna hang out with you a little since we haven't seen each other because of our classes."

"Sure," I responded. Oh no. I already blew my plan out of the water. Why did Gabriel have this kind of effect on me? If he comes over, he'll know that I won't actually be leaving. I tried to fix the situation, "I mean..."

"Awesome, see you at five!" He took off down the hallway, towards his homeroom. What have I done?

This is why no one likes you. You're too easy going. You better find a way to fix this or he'll ruin everything.

I cried out, dropping to my knees on the cold, hard floor. Grabbing at my head, pulling on my hair. The pain. It hurt. I screamed but no one heard me. Tears flew from my eyes onto the ground. I started to hurl. The smell was intoxicating. My head was aching. I looked up and everyone was staring at me with their eyes full of hate. I felt their hate like punches to my gut, over and over again. I closed my eyes.

Opening my eyes, I was standing up, staring off into the direction that Gabriel ran. The bell rang and I walked into class. Nothing happened. Nothing ever does.