Pain

After class, I decided it would be best if I just kept my mouth shut and not try to keep Gabriel from coming. If I did anything, I could make the situation much worse. He would start worrying about me too much. During lunch, my phone buzzed in my pocket. Gabriel was texting me while he was in class.

(One ~ is Gabriel and two ~ is the main character)

~Hey man! I am gonna bring over a few video games that I got for my birthday a few days ago.

~Also thnx 4 the new controller! I hav been using it everday since.

~~Everyday*

~Whatever...

~~Wut games?

~U'll see...

~~Ok dude, I am eating. I will see u after school.

~Ok, peace out dud

~~Dude*

~Whatever. C U later.

I put my phone back down and continued to eat.

After school

*Knock knock*

Gabriel! I went to answer the door and there he was, drenched in sweat. He must've just gotten off of track meet and ran to my house. He had two plastic bags. One was in a boxy kind of shape, probably the video games, while the other seemed to hold no definite shape.

" I brought the games and a spare pair of clothes. Wait a second while I go to get changed, okay?" He asked. I nodded and he went upstairs to the bathroom. For some reason he never wanted to use the downstairs bathroom.

When he came back down, he was dressed in shorts and a sleeveless shirt. "Ready to play?" He held up two games. One I have never seen before and one that made my jaw drop.

"Dragon Ball FighterZ! Who gave you that!?" I was jealous. We had been wanting to get this game for a while. Then I noticed something. The game was unopened. "Wait. Did you save playing the game for when you got here?"

He shook his head, "No. I actually saved it to give to you." My eyes widened.

"I can't take this. You got it for your birthday, " I was shook that he was trying to give it to me. He has to be kidding. No way would he give something like this to me.

"It's not a big deal man. I got two of them for my birthday. It's all yours." He tossed it at me. I was too surprised to try and catch it. Gabriel, someone who had been waiting for this game for a while, just gave me one of his.

"We are going to play this, RIGHT NOW!" I responded, grabbing the game, tearing open the wrapping and throwing it into the Xbox One. "Grab a controller and let the games begin!"

We sat and played for hours. Only getting up to grab a snack or use the restroom, we had already completed the game almost 50% of the way. After a while though, we decided to try the other game, Dynasty Warriors 9. Apparently it was so well liked that it had 8 other games and a few different series with the same style of play. The game had open country side in parts and compact cities in other parts. The goal of the game was to pick a side and fight for your ideals. We started with a character named Cao Cao. Gabriel pronounced it Cow Cow, while I, with knowledge in Chinese language, pronounced it Sow Sow(actually I just heard the game pronounce it Sow Sow).

We played that for a while too, but we couldn't seem to figure out what exactly our mission was so we roamed the country side and killed a bunch of rebels. After a while, my parents came in and said Gabriel has to go because it was getting late. I sighed and stood up.

"Guess this is a see you later moment?" I asked, but I knew it was anyway. I was happy that he came over. In fact, the voice had left me alone and I had given up on The Plan.

"Hold on. I have something to tell you," He responded. My hearts started beating in my chest. Had he figured it all out? Did I say something that may have given it away during our game?

"Yess..." I forced out.

"Me and my family are moving to another state..." He patted me on the back and left with my parents to his house. I stood, alone and broken.