Chapter 2

A/N Comment suggestions for future chapters

*Jakes POV*
After the night with Colby, no one ever brought it up. No one felt it was necessary to. Colby felt alone and he was hurting, he thought this was the only way. Point. Blank. Period. It's over, but the memories of seeing him laying lifeless and just hurting still haunts me.

"Jake? Are you alright baby?" Colby asked

I snapped out of my daze and looked at him

"Yeah, I'm alright just thinking." I replied biting my lip.

"About what?" He asked

I scratched my head. I didn't want to bring it up again. It's still a touchy topic and I don't want him to think about it.

"Is it about that night?" He sighed

I looked up at him. My eyes started to twinkle with tears.

"It- I- I just" I stuttered

"Baby don't cry, please don't cry" Colby said lifting my head up.

My eyes met his icy blue ones and I felt tears roll down my face. Damnit I didn't mean to cry

"It's okay baby, it's okay." Colby said holding my head with his hand.

"I don't mean to cry, it's just scary to think about it happening again." I cried

I felt him hug me harder. The kind of hug that makes you feel safe and wanted. Like nothing could hurt you.

"I would never baby, not again." Colby said

"But how do I know that?" I said

" I did it because I hurt, I felt like you didn't love me. But knowing that you love me... I never want to hurt you like that again." Colby said

I looked up at him and smiled. I leaned in closer and kissed Colby. I felt like I was floating. His lips were so soft, so perfect.

"I love you" I said to Colby

"Love you too" He said

"I said I love you" I said again

Colby looked down at me with a confused look.

"I said I love you too" he said

"Good, remember, I love you is different than love you." I smiled

Colby giggled and kissed my forehead. I grabbed his waist and hugged him.

Later

*Colbys POV*

I heard Corey's voice downstairs with Brennen . It made me shiver. Brennen was my ex-boyfriend but no one ever really knew that. Not even Jake.

"Hey Colby! I have Brennen here and we were about to go out to eat with Devyn and Sam and Kat, do you wanna come with Jake?" Corey said.

"Jake?" Brennen asked

"Yes, Jake. He's my boyfriend." I told Brennen sternly.

Corey went upstairs to get ready to leave. Brennen stood up and walked towards me.

"I told you not to date anyone else Colby, how do your roommates know? How do they feel?" Brennen said interrogating me.

"I- I told them and they're fine with it." I said

Brennen grabbed my arm and I flinched.

"Why did you flinch pretty boy?" Brennen said pulling up my sweater sleeve.