chapter three

"I live in the apartment next to you!" A girl excitedly shouts to me from the other side of the table.

"Emily stop screaming." Claire tells her as she sets her lunch tray next to mine.

"No but, I saw you a few days ago. You were with your dad I think and you were helping him bring a table inside." The girl, Emily, explains.

"Oh yeah we were bringing the last of our stuff in." I say.

"So you're from Wisconsin?" Another girl with nice blond curls in her hair asks. Are they natural? They look like it, but I'm not sure.

"Ummm...no I moved here from Michigan."

"Oh."

Awkward. There's 8 girls sitting in this table, including me. Claire's sitting next to me but I feel like everyone's making a judgement about me in their heads.

We talk a little more, mainly about school and some other stuff. I had met some of these girls in my other classes before this. Since Claire was in all my first few classes, she had introduced me to them.

In no time at all lunch was over and so were my 3 other classes. Claire and I were on our way to Mr.Fallon's classroom.

When we enter the room there's almost nobody there. Just two girls talking to each other in the back of the room. Mr.Fallon wasn't even in there.

Claire and I take a seat somewhere near the windows and to a side of the teachers desk. It was still drizzling a little, but you could tell it was going to stop before the hour was over.

"So... where is everyone?" I asked Claire as three boys and two more girls walked in the room.

"Oh well we're here pretty early, but this class has only a small amount of people. There are usually about 30 kids in a class, but last period history only has 18 kids counting you." She explained.

"Oh."

The rest of the kids walked in right before the bell rang, but there was still no sign of Mr.Fallon.

"You know if he's not here in 15 minutes we can just leave..." Claire says to me.

I laugh. Everyone at my old school used to say that when the teacher wasn't in the classroom. It never happened though. They always got back before the 15 minutes were up.

Five minutes pass and Mr.Fallon still isn't here. "Does he always get here late?" I ask Claire and Sam, another girl who was sitting next to us.

"Not usually. He's probably ju-" Before Sam can finish Mr.Fallon rushes into the room. He's holding a slightly wet shirt in one hand and is trying to buckle up the buttons on the shirt that's on him. I can see some of his chest before he covers up.

"Oh gosh I'm so sorry class, see I spilled some soda on me and now...well, let's forget about that." He sets the soggy shirt down below his desk and stands back up.

"Alright. Did you all study for the test?"

Oh no.

There was silence and some people were snickering in the back.

"Aw come on! I reminded you all yesterday. Raise your hand if you studied for at least half an hour."

About half of the class raised their hands.

"Oh well. Let's get started." He began handing out the papers until he came to me.

"Oh right. Don't worry. I won't make you take the test." He smiles at me and moves on.

And for the rest of the period I sit there, playing with my pencil because I had nothing to do. Except of course sneak glances at Mr.Fallon, who's desk is in front of me. He looked so concentrated on the papers he was working on.

Finally he looks up and said there were only 10 minutes left.

This was so boring honestly. I tryed to balance my pencil on my nose, but a while later I decided to stop because if it were to fall everyone's eyes would be on me and I didn't want that.

So I drew.

I'm not the best drawer, but I guess I'm pretty good at sketching faces. And since he was in my sight, I started doodling Mr.Fallon.

I stop when I felt someone looking at me. I really hoped it wasn't Mr.Fallon, because I'm not sure if he'd be creeped out or flattered by this. But when I look up it isn't him. It was Claire. She's done with her test and is looking down at my drawing.

She smiles and makes a heart sign with her hands.

I make a confused look and shake my head no. But she shakes it yes and does another heart.

I smile and put the paper next to my face.

She whispers "perfect couple."

I put the paper back down and notice that Mr.Fallon isn't in his desk anymore. He's sharpening his pencil. As he turns the pencil sharpener screwed to the wall, I can see his muscles in his arms. He looks my way.

Oh gosh.

I turn away quickly but look over at him again. He's now walking towards me. Well not towards me, but towards his desk which is near me.

The paper.

It too late though. He reaches to where I am and looks at my drawing.

"I like it." He whispers before sitting back down.

I can feel my cheeks getting red.

After a few minutes the time is up and Mr.Fallon collects the tests.

Claire, Sam, and I walk out the door together.

"That test was easy." Sam says.

"Well what do you expect. Mr.Fallon never makes the tests too hard. Plus he teaches really well."

Sam goes to her locker as Claire and I continue to walk towards ours.

"Well you made a good impression on him." Claire giggles. I know she's talking about Mr.Fallon.

"I'm just glad he didn't find it weird that I was drawing him in the middle of class." I respond.

We both go to our lockers and meet back up with Sam and Emily, the girl who apparently lives next to me.

"Are you guys doing anything today?" Sam asks.

"Uhh... no nothing important." Claire replies.

"I'm free today too." I say.

"So am I." Emily says.

"Cool we should go get pizza at that place that just opened."

"I'm going to have to ask my dad first. He was supposed to pick me up from school and I don't want him worrying about me."

They agree to wait while I walk towards my dads car.

I explain to him that I'm going to go out with a few friends, and surprisingly he says it's fine. I would think he'd be at least a little mad for not telling him earlier, but I think he's just glad I made friends.

"Alright. Let's go." I say to Sam, Emily, and Claire as I walk over to their car.

Sam smiles as I get into the car. "Pizza here we come!"

I love Jimmy Fallon more than pizza!!!!