chapter five

"Nice job Kiara." Mr.Falon says as he hands me my test. I got an A.

"How?" Claire asks, looking at her own paper as if she couldn't believe what was written on it. "I got a B!! I never get a B!!"

"Umm.. maybe it has to do with the fact that you were up all night watching youtube videos instead of looking over your notes." I told her.

"We can't all be perfect." She grumbled.

The bell rung shortly after and Claire and I made our way down to our lockers.

"Wanna go to the mall today?" She asked.

It was friday, five days after I had started school here, and I'd already gone to a lot of places with Claire.

"Sure. Wanna take my car this time?"

"Yeah. Let's go." She says as we hop in.

She's driving, since she actually knows where she's going.

We get out and walk inside the mall. It's pretty big.

"Ooohh lets go there first!" Claire points to a store that looks like it has a whole bunch of clothes for teenagers.

After 3 hours of shopping and eating, we sit down on a bench.

"I'm exhausted." Claire wipes her forehead.

"I didn't know shopping could be this tiring." I say.

Just then I notice a small store in with a lot of guitars inside.

"Hey I'm going to go there. Maybe they have lesson books or something."

"Here, give me your bags. I'll wait here with them."

I hand her the bags and walk towards the store.

There's a whole bunch of guitars in here. I didn't know there were this many different types.

"Hello, what can I help you with today?" A man who's name tag reads Max says.

"Oh, well, I've already got a guitar at home, but I have no clue how to play it. So far I've learned a few chords from videos I've seen online, but it's taking a while."

The man rubs his chin and says "Wait right here. We give lessons to people and have books to learn how to play. Let me just go back here and ask my manager." He disapears behind a door as I wait there.

I make my way farther into the store, noticing a few posters of bands and instruments here and there. As I round the corner though, I bump into a tall man.

"Oh gosh I'm so sorry I wasn't looking where I was going." I say as I look up to see the man's face. 

He's got nice brown hair that sticks up in cute places. His eyes are warm and his smile. It radiates happiness.

"Oh hi Kiara. Second time we've bumped into each other this week huh?" He laughs.

"Hi Mr.Fallon." I say awkwardly.

He's wearing some dark jeans with a button up shirt.

"So are you looking for a new guitar?"

"Uh no actually. I've already got one. I'm just looking for books on how to play it." I say.

"Oh well, I play the guitar and I used to teach two boys, but they moved away a few months ago. I'd be happy to teach you though."

I could feel my heart leap.

"That'd be great!" I say a little too excitedly.

He laughs and says "Here's my number. You should ask your parents before, to make sure its ok. Then you can call me and we'll set up a time and schedule for practicing." He hands me the paper in which he wrote his number in.

"Thanks!" I say as he walks out of the store.

"You're welcome." He waves as leaves.

I stand there, looking down at the paper with all the numbers on it until someone clears their throat behind me.

Its Max, the guy who works there. "I've got some books with great guitar lessons over here this way." He signals.

"Oh. Umm.. I'm sorry but I don't think I'll be needing those anymore." I say before walking out.

Claire is in the same spot with all our bags.

"Oohh. I saw you flirting with him." Claire says, taking a sip of soda.

Where'd she get that?

"What?" I ask as she hands me another soda.

"Yeah. I saw you and Mr.Fallon in there talking. Did he give you his number? Wow you're good."

I stand there, stunned at what she's saying.

"Anyway I am officially shipping you two. You're so cute. Are you going to call him?"

I shake my head and say "Ummm... yeah he gave me his number..."

Claire winks at me.

"But it's because he offered to teach me  how to play the guitar. That way I can call him to let him know what days we can meet up."

"So you're going to be spending time with him!" Claire excitedly jumps as we head towards the door. "Get some."

I begin to laugh. "He's just going to teach me to play, Claire. Nothing else."

"Of course." She says as we get into my car.

I drive her home and she gets out, taking what she bought.

"Bye Kiara. Oh and... tell me what Mr.Fallon says." She smirks.

"Sure but it'll be boring, because nothings going to happen. " I assure her.

She shouts "Kimmy is real!" At me before going into her apartment.

The whole drive home, I wonder what it would be like to have him as my teacher. Well, my guitar teacher. He's already my history teacher.

Would it be fun? Or awkward?

Finally! They're going to get to see each other outside of school!!

#kimmyisreal

#clairewasdamnright

Goodnight I'm so tired.