my meaning in life was meant for you

emily's pov

'we need to talk' im so nervous

hanna sits down and looks at me in the eye. you can't tell she's been crying but i sense tears.

'so.. i'm leaving in 2 hours'

'i know. everyone likes to tell me that' she's acting different and it's scaring me.

'look. i love you. ever since the day i laid my eyes on your beautiful ocean blue gems i could tell that i needed you and i wanted you in my arms for the rest of my life. when we kissed for the first time everything else around me didn't felt pointless. like my meaning in life was meant for you.'

hanna's jaw dropped.

'emily i-......

'you don't have to say anything han. just promise me something.'

she keeps looking at me nodding her head.

'promise me that even if we don't get back together today, tomorrow, next month or next year that we will end up together.'

'i promise emily fields'

and that was it. the feeling i felt when i kissed hanna for the first time came back.

'so does this mean we are..???' i say, still shy.

'i don't know.' she lets out a blunt response

'what do you mean you don't know?' my voice started to raise, though i wasn't shouting.

'i mean.., i think this two months would be good for us. a time for us to have a break from eachother'

'do you still love me?' my heart is throbbing in despair

'of course i still love you baby!' she leans across the table and holds my hands.

'baby?' i give her a weird look

'sorry! i didn't mean to'

i get a vibe that she meant it. i know she did.

'hanna. about the two months.. i agree. as long as you don't forget about me when i'm gone'

'i'd never forget about you emily. we can facetime every single night.'

hold me. i wanted to say hold me so bad. i needed her touch, her warmth so bad. i want her so bad.

'so, what time is it?'

'well we've been here for an hour' hanna olivia marin tells me.

'shit! i have to be at the airport in ten minutes'

'oh! i'll get aria and tell her to drive you. you pack your things up' she stands up immediately and is about to walk away.

'hanna, wait' i sigh

she turns around at me calming down.

'yes?'

without thinking i run up and kiss her. i know we said about the break thing but i can't hold it in.

she doesn't pull away. she doesn't even try. instead she pushes her tongue into mine for just, a second and pulls out leaving our eyes locked together.

'i love you. don't miss me too much emily'

i don't know how to feel. i'm so upset that that's the last time i'll see her but i can't get over what just happened.

airport

i wave goodbye to aria as i go to my terminal and board my plane.

the plane ride had some turbulence but i sat beside a girl slightly older than me who was very sweet. her name CeCe.