Chapter 1: Winter Ball

Prologue

I wish the girls weren't so pushy, not to mention their endless enthusiasm: Well, most of them.

Tsu and Momo aren't as bad as let's say... Mina.

But they are still my best of friends- no matter how many parties they drag me to against my will.

Yaomomo's Winter Ball is tonight so maybe that explains where we're going. I swear they are going to kidnap me on of these days. Everyone is going to be there. Everyone. Everyone in our year anyway. I wonder who's gonna get drunk this year. Me again, maybe.

When they take me to parties, they just put me in a limo and expect me to know, but this 'game' has made me better at guessing- especially when I can't use my powers.

I snuggled myself into the comfortable velvet seats and almost closed my eyes when," You're going to ruin your dress, Ochako!"

I frowned and looked in the direction of the moaning voice.

Surely enough, it was Tooru.

"Sorry, Tooru but I'm really tired," I fake yawned.

"Cut the crap, Urachako," I looked at Mina," We can tell when you're lying," I stared at her harder.

"We can also tell when you read our minds," Yaomomo said from the seat next to me and a sly grin.

I groaned and slumped into my seat," But you let Kyoka sleep! Why not me?!" I exclaimed, motioning to my ear-jack user friend in a simple, frilly dark purple mini dress, eyes closed and head resting on Tooru's invisible shoulder.

"Maybe you might even meet someone 'worth talking to'," Tsu said, changing the subject and quoting me from a week ago.

"Eh. I doubt it," I said as they looked at me with frowns.

"Ugh. I am highly uncertain about that statement," I corrected, putting on the most innocent voice I could muster.

"That's better! Now you're acting like a princess!" Yaomomo cheered as she punched her fist in the air.

She wore a light green gown that cascaded down to her ankles with white lace outlining the rim, the soft fabric wrapping around her waist and flowing out like a fan from there. Gold hair pieces contrast with her raven hair in her classic spiky ponytail.

Why do I hang out with these people?

"Just kidding!" Mina said, her smile could brighten up a room. It has" You don't need to act like a princess around us"

I smile. Oh yeah. That's why.

~~~~~

I elegantly float around the room in my deep purple gown. Ellie did a fantastic job with this one: He's my seamstress. Yes: he.

It's probably my favorite one right now. Well, until he makes my next one for another grand occasion.

Mina follows me in a tight navy-blue gown that sprayed out at her knees in a midnight pattern with glitter coating it.

This girl just loves to stand out.

So, I guess that makes two of us. I wasn't born into royalty like the others, but I've fit in pretty well. The people seem to like me though, so that's always good.

More of the guys than the girls, though. It's not that the girls don't like me, it's the fact that every male in the kingdom wants to kiss me.

While I steer around a corner, Neito from the Monoma kingdom tries to approach me, so I turn around and start a conversation with Mina.