t h r e e | mr wine

Chapter 3: Mr. Wine

I nearly choke on my wine. Platinum? As in the important Platinum? The high-class Platinum? Am I having a strange one-time ear problem right now? Do I need help?

"What?!" I shriek, gaining some attention. Well, a lot of attention. If people weren't watching us before then they sure as hell are now.

I feel my face burn from embarrassment and Izuku quickly takes action by wrapping his strong arm around my small waist and hurriedly, yet smoothly walks me out of the ballroom and into the garden of tranquil. The soft grass swishes from the night air and I see tall trees with colorful flowers popping with vibrant, contrasting shades of the rainbow.

But more importantly...

This guy is like a living oxymoron! How dare he make me blush like that. He's a devil. An evil being sent from hell with a mission to make me lose my composure in front of a crowd of my admirers.

Damn I sound like a snob.

I catch Mina's eye on the way out and she winks at me. I catch a glimpse of her at the dessert table with that Eijiro guy. She's stealing the chocolate cake from Toru with a big grin on her face. Classic Mina. She's gonna regret that and Toru's going to do something stupid. I know them too well.

Soon, we're in the garden, away from the pressing eyes of on-lookers and grinning best friends. It feels good. A faint breeze washes over me and I shiver ever so slightly.

He must have noticed because I feel the sudden warmth of smooth fabric against my back and around my shoulders.

I reach back and realize it's his jacket on my back. He's too perfect. I've never met anyone like this guy: One minute he's an absolute FOX and the next minute he's a cute guy giving me his jacket for the cold of the chilly night air.

I look at him and he's quietly looking off past the expansive stone walls around the massive Yaoyorozu estate. The light wind bristles his free green hair and makes his emerald eyes shimmer.

Is this even possible? Legal? When God was mixing in his little mixing bowl what ingredients did he use exactly? 50% hot, 50% cute and 100% sexy? 100% ladies' man? 200% my type? You just can't have cute and hot. It's just not possible. That is, until this green haired bastard came along and decided to do both and make me find it alluring.

What's even more alluring is him without his jacket. His muscles clearly show through his white dress shirt and I can't help but take a small yet daring step forward.

"Nice jacket," I look away, not showing him my blush. That random stone brick by that wooden bench is extremely interesting.

"Yeah thanks," He breathes, leaning on a great oak behind him and looking 10 times cooler than before," It looks even better on you," He mumbles, probably thinking I didn't hear it.

I grin, embracing him in a tight hug, startling him and I can't help but feel victorious. Maybe it's just me thinking of the blushing thing as an unspoken competition: I'm too competitive.

"Y'know, I'm sorry for causing a scene back there, Izuku. You just took me by surprise, that's all. I didn't mean to offend you," I whisper into his ear. I'm surprised at my own apologeticness, if that's even a word. Why am I so sincere right now? We are royals. We are cold and dark and powerful with the tiniest ray of sunshine as our little compassion we possess.

So why did my ray of sunshine just get bigger?

He breathes out an exasperated sigh," It's fine, 'Chako. Nothing to apologize for. It's not like you did anything scandalous" He smiles, and I break off from the hug, satisfied with his response.

"But-"

"I doubt anyone will think your outburst was for a good reason," He smirks," Girls can be so overdramatic sometimes, y'know?"

I punch his arm as hard as I can and his eyes widen in shock," Who the hell are you calling overdramatic, you bastard?!" My face is burning and soon, his is too. Does this guy get pleasure out of being hurt? Like a twisted sadist? Would he start moaning or something if I kicked him? Ew.

"Sorry sorry sorry. Ow ow ow, that hurt!" He pouts, but doesn't seem particularly hurt.

"Then think twice before you open your beautiful mouth, okay?" I say, flicking his forehead.

"Don't worry, Miss Ochako," He grins like an idiot," I will"

~~~~~

"So, do you know anyone here? At this party?" I ask, playing with a loose strand of my hair.

"Besides you, I knew um Todoroki because him and his dad would sometimes come over for dinner at the palace. But other than that.... No one"

I nod.

"Oh wait, there's also Kirishima. He's Kacchan's friend"

So that's how he got invited. "Mina's boyfriend?" I ask again, hoping to ring a bell.

"Yeah that's her name. He was talking about her the other day. All good things," He instinctively added, making sure to not create any misunderstandings.

Why do I find this so attractive?

He raises his hand as if drinking from a glass of wine. He was met with nothing but cool air, and we look at each other.

I snort, smirking," Did that wine taste good?" I'm such a child.

"Not as good as the real stuff," He chuckles, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. Cute.

"So, tell me about yourself, Mr. Wine," I smile, genuinely enjoying this conversation. This guy is SO much better than Neito.

"Well, my mom married the High King 'All Might' a while ago and we just moved into the palace, gaining our status, platinum." He adds that like I forgot. And surprisingly, I did," My adoptive brother Katsuki and I didn't know any royal families besides the Todorokis. But Kacchan doesn't really like Shoto at all. Because he's, well, Kacchan. Anyways, he bailed on me tonight because he was 'sick' so I've just been floating around, trying to figure out a social plan of attack. And yeah, that brings us up to the present," He shrugs.

That's actually funny.

I laugh," I'm actually surprised no girl came up to you, besides me, while you were glued to the wall like a flower and asked you out or something. I mean like, you're hot. I practically ran over to you!" I joke. But that was actually kind of true. I am such a weirdo.

He grins that sly grin," So you've already checked me out?"

"Yeah, about fifty times by now" It's literally hilarious how this is all true.

"Bold," He looks away," I rather like you, Ochako"

The breeze makes me feel so free.

"What was that?" I ask like I didn't hear him, being overdramatic.

"I said that you are tolerable," He says with another grin. I roll my eyes.

"Sure you did," I stand up on my tippy toes and peck his cheek. He faintly touches his hand where my lips were seconds ago. His face is nice: Texture wise and in general, I guess.

I start slowly walking back to the ballroom, profusely blushing and smiling like that idiot Denki after asking Kyoka out that one time.

"You can't just tease me like that and walk off," He calls out.

"What? Would you like to continue?" I tease, turning around and taking off his jacket.

"Yes, actually," He calls back, making my face heat up again.

"Well maybe later, Mr. Wine. But for now, let's go get a drink" I toss his jacket to him and he catches it before it gets carried away with the wind. He jogs back up to me and sloppily puts his jacket back on. When he reaches me, he loops our arms and we enter the ballroom again.

And when we enter, everyone is already dancing.