2: Catching Miss Low

Valkyrie groaned and stood up. She could feel the blood pumping out of her nose. Wiping it off with her sleeve, she snarled at him. "What the hell are you here for?" She asked.

"Just visitin'. I saw you and thought, 'Hey. Why not go and hit the great Valkyrie Cain?' So I did that!"

"I hate you."

"Feeling's mutual." He shrugged. She snarled again, then launched forward. She pinned him down to the ground and spat on his face. "Ew. That's no way for a lady to behave!"

"But I'm not a lady, am I?" She headbutted him and saw stars. Valkyrie tumbled off of him and blinked rapidly. Billy-Ray's sunglasses were snapped, revealing the holes where his eyes should be. He jumped onto her, but she pushed the air before he could. He slammed into the side of her house. Where was Skulduggery?

Sanguine recovered and ran to her. Valkyrie clicked her fingers and hurled fireballs to him. They blasted into his legs and he frailed his arms. "Hello, lovely." Valkyrie turned and saw Tanith Low, standing on top of the Bentley.

"Tanith!" She breathed.

"Don't sound so suprised. I'm always with my Billy." She sighed. "He needs some help, doesn't he?" She leaped to him and put the fire out.

"Thanks, Tanith Bunny. Go get her!" Valkyrie was running now, away from the Bentley. It was no use. Tanith leaped after her and caught up, pushing Valkyrie down.

"What's the point in running, hey?" She leaned closer. "I know you don't want to admit it, but you will be Darquesse. You can't help it. You are going to make me happy. I can't wait to sit and watch you kill your parents."

"I will never kill them, or destroy the world." Valkyrie hissed.

"Oh, but you will." She pulled Valkyrie's hair, making her screech.

"Get away from her!" Someone roared. Tanith and Valkyrie turned to see Skulduggery pointing his gun at Tanith's head. Valkyrie took her chance. Silently, she took the handcuffs from her pocket while Skulduggery distracted her. She shackled her hands behind her back, and she cursed. "Nice work, Valkyrie." Skulduggery praised.

"Thanks!" They threw Tanith into the back of the Bentley, and Billy-Ray charged at them. Valkyrie sighed, and kicked him in the face. He was unconcious before he fell.

Valkyrie and Skulduggery got into the Bentley, and drove Tanith to the Sanctuary.