3: Damn Remnants

When they arrived at the Sanctuary, which was now in Roarhaven, they pulled up as close as they could get to it. They didn't want to take any chances with that Remnant inside of Tanith.

As soon as they got in, everyone gasped and whispered amongst themselves. They led Tanith through the long corridors and into the medical bay. They had to come here now, since Kenspeckle Grouse had been killed. They found Doctor Nye and threw Tanith in it's direction. "What do you want me to do?" It asked.

"Miss Low here has a Remnant inside her that has... bonded with her." Skulduggery answered.

"Oh my. That's... hard work. Assistant?" Nye asked.

"Yes?" Piped up a voice from across the room. Valkyrie turned to see a girl with a white lab coat on and blue hair. She wasn't looking at them, only Nye. 

"Get me my tray."

"Okey-dokey." That voice sounded so familier. When the girl returned, she finally noticed Valkyrie and Skulduggery. Gasping, she quickly grabbed the tray and gave it to Nye. "H-Here you go." She stuttered. That voice was so familier, so clumsy, so...

"Clarabelle?" Valkyrie questioned.

"Hey!" Clarabelle responded.

"Good to see you Clarabelle. What's with the hair?" Skulduggery pondered.

"Oh, this? I died it blue. I want a fresh start. I don't want to live with the guilt of what I did to my best friend."

"OH! Is this the chick who killed Kenspeckle? Nice work, dude!" Said Tanith. Valkyrie scowled at her.

"She didn't do it," Skulduggery said. "The Remnant inside of her did. So, shut up... dude!" It took all of Valkyrie's strength had to stop herself from laughing.

"Leave us," Nye pronounced. "I need to start work on Miss Low."

"Your gonna need me unconcious... Don't you think?" Tanith asked.

"Got that covered." Nye took a large saucepan and smashed it into Tanith's head, who fell onto the floor. Valkyrie instantly backed away.

Three hours later, Nye claimed the end of it's work. "She's still unconcious. But, the Remnant is in here!" It held up the Soul Catcher and Skulduggery took hold of it.

"Thank you. We will return shortly."

They walked up the corridor further and into a huge room, where Ghastly Bespoke was busying himself making some new robes. He barely even noticed them walk in. "Your Royal Highness. It is my duty to pronounce that a Miss Tanith Low has been taken into the Sanctuary." He held up the Soul Catcher. "And she is now her normal self... Except she is unconcious." A smile covered Ghastly's face, making it look as though it was going to split.

"Is this... Is this true?" He asked Valkyrie.

"Oh, so you trust a 17 year old and not one of your best friends. That's nice." Skulduggery mumbled.

"Well. It must be true. I can see the Remnant right there in the Soul Catcher! I must see her at once!" Ghastly leaped from his chair and strided down the halls. When he arrived at the medical bay, he took no time at all to wait for Skulduggery and Valkyrie. He walked in and saw Tanith on the bed, smiling.

"Ghastly!" She breathed.

"Hello, Tanith!" He rushed over and hugged Tanith.

"So good to see you!" She whispered.

"You too."

Valkyrie and Skulduggery entered and joined in with the group hug. "I'm so happy to be back to my normal self again!" Tanith said, once everyone had broken up. "VALKYRIE!" She screamed, noticing her best friend.

"Hello, Tanith. I missed you." Valkyrie said, falling into Tanith's arms. God, it was so good to hug her again.

"If I remembered anything, I would remember missing you too. Are you a big sister?" She asked.

"Yup. Alice Edgley. 1 year tomorrow!" Valkyrie said proudly. Tanith pulled away.

"Oh my God. Have I been gone that long?" Tanith asked, frowning. "That's just... horrible." Ghastly came towards them, putting an arm around Tanith's shoulder.

"Not to brilliant for us, either. Hey, we still have a date, right?" He said.

"Oh yeah. Sorry, I kind of left you hanging..."

They all laughed and smiled. Back to being happy then, Valkyrie guessed.

Not for long. The voice in her head said. You will be Darquesse again. You will end the world...