☾ Chapter One ☽

"He's not even hot.", I mumbled under my breath.

A couple of highschool girls were giggling at the sight of a poster which had a picture of a shirtless bishounen with blonde hair. It was the popular yet insane capture target from an otome game called 'Moonlight Love'.

I nearly puked at the sight of the poster but I fortunately managed to keep my cool.

I paid for the otome game at the counter and left the gaming store. Luckily, I have extra money left! Since food is amazing and I haven't had lunch yet, I decided to spend it on a meal.

As I looked around, I spotted WcDonalds. Their food is pretty cheap compared to the other restaurants surrounding it. I smiled to myself before I joined the crowd of pedestrians, waiting to cross the road. I popped in my earbuds into my ears and shuffled my playlist.

Ahh. I have a boringly normal life as Mitsuba, a university student who works part-time at a convenience store while spending her free time desperately trying to program her own games to make a little extra cash. But today! I finally managed to buy some time for myself. That's the reason why I bought this otome game and some condiments for a relaxing bath..

"Her name is Alice Charlotte Rowena, isn't my daughter just adorable?".

I opened my eyes to be met with a pair of enticing blue ones. A gigantic woman with icy blue eyes and curly red hair was gazing down at me with a smile. A man with black hair in a buzz cut with green eyes was standing next to her, he looked at me and nodded.

"I think she'll grow up to be a wonderful and intelligent lady.", the man said.

Was I reincarnated like those lightnovels? If so, how did I die? I can't remember.. Or maybe this is just some realistic dream and I'll wake up any minute!

A few more people entered the room and greeted my supposed mother. She was handed a box of desserts and if I just wasn't a baby, I would snatch that from her fingers and eat it. Uhhh, food is the reason why I live--.

I suddenly felt myself going tired, I had an uncontrollable urge to sleep so I closed my eyes.

An absolutely breath-taking woman with long, floor-sweeping raven hair and beautiful green eyes I could get lost in stood infront of me. A lovely smile was on her face.

"Ah, hello Mitsuba.", she greeted me, her voice is angelic just like her looks. I think I'm gay--

"Hey there pretty lady.", I blurted out. Dang, I'm stupid.

She chuckled making my cheeks furiously heat up.

"I have brought you here for an important meeting.".

I finally snapped back to my senses when she announced that. This had to do something with my sudden reincarnation!

"Why am I summoned?".

"I am sure you've played the otome game, 'Moonlight Love'?", she asked, calmly looking at me.

Oh no, oh no, ohnononono--

"Don't tell me I was reincarnated into that cliche otome game!".

"Sorry to burst your bubble but you are..", she spoke softly, "I am truly sorry that I messed up with the reincarnations. Please forgive me..".

I took in deep breaths before letting out a long sigh.

"It's fine. I guess everyone, even supernatural beings, makes mistakes, I guess.", I replied but lowered my voice into a soft mumble that she can't hear, "But why does it have to be me?".

"Don't worry, I have made sure you will skip your entrance exams to the academy. You will also get a very rare and powerful weapon on your 15th birthday and you'll have your dream of owning a pet cat. ", the woman exclaimed.

I felt a wide grin appearing on my face at the mention of a pet cat. I never had one as Mitsuba since I was allergic.

"Before you return, do you have any questions?".

I immediately taught of my death. "How did I die?".

"Hmm.. Remember that otome game you bought? And the bath you had..? Well, you died by being electrocuted. You were half-asleep when you made the genius idea to charge your laptop while playing your game in the bath.", she said before chuckling. I felt myself blush.

I facepalmed to myself before sinking down on my knees. Was I really that idiotic?!

"Ahh- is that your final question?".

"What's your name? That's my final question.", I asked.

"I prefer if people call me Ari, I'm an amateur goddess.".

"Oh okay...".

She smiled before shaking my hand. "I wish you luck, Mitsuba.".

I then slipped into full unconsciousness.

A/N: This is the longest chapter I've ever written in my history of writing Wattpad books. Yeah, weak--