2018 Unique Chapter: The Grinch...?

Though not being directly related with the religion, demigods and legacies enjoyed Christmas.

But, what am I saying? They didn't enjoy Christmas. They LOVED Christmas.

They loved the presents and the meals. The gatherings and the snow. Or so they made everyone believe. In reality, presents were what they cared about the most. To all except one, one lonely soul that lived up-north. Named after an emperor, he believed so too-

OK! That's it, I had enough!

And who are you, if I must know?

The person who wants this tale to be told without rhymes or confusions! Forget it, I'll handle it from here, you go back to your cave while I tell the tale- oh, for Apollo's sake!!

You can't escape...

Watch me!!

*throat cleaning*

Once upon a time...

~oOo~

The Second War against the Giants was over.

Both sides rejoiced about it, as they had no deaths from either side and the guilty had been punished accordingly.

Or so Octavian thought.

Octavian didn't deny having his hand into trying to submit the Greek side under his command. He actually and proudly claimed it, knowing that he had been always honest, thought that honesty wasn't always appreciated it by other demigods of legacies. His anger, however, was directed at how one of his supposedly 'loyal' men got rid of his punishment.

Bryce Lawrence was the most sadist person Octavian had even had the pleasure to meet. However, he saw it as an ally when he had to force his ideas upon others. To his immense disappointment, Bryce didn't receive the punishment for his crimes, blaming the entire thing at his feet. The stupid and gullible Roman senators believed every word.

For once in his life, Octavian thanked the Greeks' mistrust.

Though the Praetors, Frank Zhang and Reyna Ramirez-Arellano, were against it, Bryce got a full pardon. And, sensing that there was only one person in the entire universe who could control him, they sent him and Octavian to Camp Half-Blood. Neither could roam freely, but Bryce had some tricks under his sleeves that made his seem freer than Octavian.

That particular Christmas, one year after the entire incident happened, Camp Jupiter was invited to celebrate at Half-Blood.

Octavian recognized many of the faces that were walking in. Some were familiar, but the faces at Half-Blood were more familiar than anything. Octavian had his sights set on one, one face that was greeting and welcoming people with a contagious smile. He also saw the creepy smiles that were sent in the same direction by others and he couldn't do anything but grit his teeth and complain in silence.

"Hope you had brought many presents this year, my dear..." Bryce would try to enchant the ladies, who would scowl and turn away from him. However, and to Octavian's dismay, Bryce never gave up. "What about you, darling?" He got closer to a redheaded girl, who scoffed and glared at him.

"There are more important things than presents, Lawrence-"

"I insist you call me by my name, beautiful-"

"And I insist you call me by my title, traitor!" Actually, Octavian thought Rachel Dare was restraining herself by name-calling him, but saw that she, moments ago, was speaking with little Julia, Terminus' assistant. She didn't want to properly curse...? "Oracle." Octavian saw the disgusted face Bryce did, that was enough to place a smile on his face.