Chapter 13: Crawford

Lee climbs up the ladder and removes the manhole. He climbs out and helps all of you out of the sewers then ran over to a side of the building. "Where is everybody? There should be guards patrolling." Vernon remarks, confused. "What, are you disappointed?" Kenny asked him. "It's just strange, is all." Vernon replied.

"I think I see one. Over there, by the door." Christa said as she points at a figure that was just walking down the streets. "Okay, me and Kenny'll sneak up, try to take him out quiet. The rest of you wait for our signal then follow us over. Everybody got it?" Lee said and all of you nod. He turns to Kenny and said. "Okay Kenny, let's do this quiet. No shooting unless there's no other choice."

"Right behind you." Kenny said as he holds up his rifle. Lee starts to sneak up to the guard, axe raised, when the guard turns around to reveal that it was a walker. "What the FUCK?" Lee exclaims and he swings the axe at the head of the Walker, killing it.
Kenny walks out and has a look of shock on his face while Molly walks up next to Lee. "What the fuck is a walker doing inside here?" Lee asked, shocked, but he looks to see more walkers coming. He points to the school building next to them and said. "Quick! Get inside!" And all of you go inside the school.

All of you run upstairs then burst through the door, where Vernon and his friend that he brought, Brie, shut the double doors and hold them shut as everyone starts to catch their breath. "Fuck. Fuck! Do you think they saw us?" Kenny asked, in a panic. "Definitely." Lee replied which made you and Clem alittle scared.

"What the hell happened here? I thought this place was supposed to be secure!" Christa exclaims. "What always happens, I guess. In the end, the dead always win." Molly replied.

"Oh man, we're so screwed..." Ben mutters as he paces back and forth along the hallway. "No, this is good." Vernon said. "Vernon's right. We can deal with walkers easier than armed guards." Lee said. "I agree. So long as we don't let 'em box us in, we can still do this. The plan hasn't changed." Kenny said.

"The plan hasn't changed?" Ben said, confused, as he walks up to Kenny. "Every time walkers show up the plan changes! Do you even have any idea how many of them are out there?"

"No. You wanna do a headcount? Or do you want to get what we need and get the hell out of here?" Christa asked Ben, angrily. Ben frowns at her as Brie said. "Come on, I think I know which way to head." And you and the other begin to follow her. "I got a bad feeling about this." Ben remarks and all of you pass by a door that was boarded up with an X over it. You could distinctly hear some walkers on the other side of that door.

"Just keep moving." Molly instructs and you guys continue down the hall. "Here." Brie said as she points at a door. Lee goes up to it and opens it, slightly, to look around. "Looks okay. Everybody in." Lee said and you enter what looked like a classroom.

There was a door on the other side of the room that had a sign over it that said Armory. Lee walks over to that door and turns the knob but it was locked. "Figures." He mutters as Kenny goes up to the chalkboard to see that the school was drawn on it and telling which group goes where.

"Looks like they were using this room as some kind of command center." He said. "Okay, so now what? Where do we start looking?" Molly asked.
"Here...." Brie said as she walks up to a little board, that had a map of the school, next to the door you guys came through. "Just give me a sec..." she said as she looks over the map.

"Any idea where we could find a battery?" Lee asked her as everyone gathers around her. "Maybe at the auto shop?" Vernon said as he points at a section of the map. "There used to be one in the alley outside the fire escape."

"Yup, it's called Herman's you can't miss it." Brie replied. "Where would be the best place to look for medicine?" Lee asked. "Right here. Nurse's Station, they were using it as a medical facility." Molly replied as she points at another section of the map.
"How do you know that?" Christa asked her, suspiciously. Molly's face turns to shock, like she accidentally let something slip, then she turns to Christa and said. "Just makes sense, doesn't it?"