Chapter 3

As I was painfully bored through my next few classes I was really excited for Science class with Luke.

I didn't really pay any attention in my classes at all because I just couldn't stop myself from thinking about Luke.

Then the bell rang, making me jump out of my wondering. I gathered all of my books that i had with me and carried them down the hallways to my locker. When i went there, i saw Luke at his locker.

"Hey Maddie, How was your classes this morning?" he said with a huge grin on his face.

"Boring, as usual." i told him. "Why do you ask?" trying to make that sound as nice as possible.

"Oh i was just wondering because i cant wait till science" which made me blush.

"Oh.." was all i could say, my face as red as a tomato.

Im guessing that he saw me because he had a little smirk plastered onto his face.

"Well then,  shall we get to lunch?" he asked.

"We shall." i said, both of us laughing on how dorky that sounded.

We walked outside onto the campus and found a little shady area under a tree.

We both sat cross legged from one another pulling out our lunch bags. I had a salad while Luke had a sandwich with a sprite.

"So tell me about you."

"Well, there isn't much to tell," i said awkwardly.

"Oh come on, there has to be something interesting in your life," he laughed a little from my shyness. "Oh, uhm sorry, i didnt mean for that to sound, uhm..-"

"No, its ok, i know what you meant, you dont have to apologize." i said to him with an assuring smile.

"Maybe we should play 20 questions?" he said, he looked like he was thinking about what he had asked me.

"Sure, you go first" I told him.

"Hmm, ok, where are you from?"

"Im from California." I told him.

"Really? Why did you move out all the way on the other side of the world?" he asked me looking interested in why i moved.

"No, it's my turn to ask you a question now," i said with a smirk because i knew that he seemed like he really loved asking me questions.

He just playfully rolled his eyes at me while he took a drink out of his sprite.

"Ok, what do you love to do?" i asked him questionably.

"Well, im in a band, so thats what i love to do, play music." i had a thing for boys in a band.

Wait what am i thinking? I hardly even know him.

"Oh, really? That's cool, what is the name of your band?"

"No, its my turn to ask you a question now," be said mocking my tone from earlier while bopping my nose with his finger.

"Uhhg, well then, hurry up!" i playfully yelled at him while leaning over to slightly push his shoulder.

"Whoah, Whoah, calm down, ill tell you," he said while smiling.

"Ok then tell me already!" i said kinda pushy. "The bell is going to ring for our next class."

"Well, if you insist," he said taking his time.

I stuck out my bottom lip and batted my eyelashes hoping that would work, and suprisingly, it did. I mentally high-fived myself for that.

"Ok, fine, well my band is called 5 Seconds of Summer, and for your information there is four of us in it." he told me sticking up his nose.