Chapter 16

"Remember you have until your birthday to get married." Alliana's parting words echoed in his head and he sighed deeply because his birthday was until next year.

Worry filled him as he pondered on what to do. He knew he couldn't force it. It just had to come to him and even if the plan didn't work out the way he wanted, he would be happy and well- rested knowing very well he tried his absolute best.

Alliana already left him yesterday which made him feel sad and lonely again. She spent a week with him and that was a big sacrifice coming from her part which he knew because she left everything concerning work to be with him. He was immensely grateful and gladly toured hawaii with her, meeting new people in the process.

He learned quite a lot during his sister's stay. He learned to be more patient and humble, having to understand that he wasn't Kayden Williams over here but a regular guy with a regular job. He knew his parents raised him well but to be realistic, he is a billionaire who has anything he wants at a finger snap and the change in that reality all because of a plan didn't rest well with him.

He remembered meeting a young, vibrant lady, a writer precisely that went by the name Nicollet Sanders. She was average in height, tan and extremely beautiful. Her shoulder length brown hair was full and healthy which complemented her almond shaped brown eyes and oval face. She was sweet and nice and Alliana advised Kayden to consider befriending her and of course, Kayden was obviously attracted to the beauty.

They got talking and exchanged numbers. He felt peaceful around her and her calm aura was what he needed. He definitely didn't want to rush into things but was also ready to mingle at least. He made sure to call his mother every single day to pay back for neglecting her. He loved his family and would do anything for their happiness.

He invited Nicollet out for dinner. Normally, he would have being fidgeting on what to do and how to make it at the venue on time but this was different. He didn't want to put in much hope in this and decided to go with the flow. He heard a car honk and knew it was Carlos. Alliana got him to switch cars to a less flashy ride which made Kayden sour. But he got over it.

He got into the car wearing a pair of black plain trousers, a navy blue formal shirt paired up with black oxford shoes and his dashing Georgio Armani cologne freshening up the car. Carlos fell in love with his smell but said nothing. He drove Kayden to the restaurant and wished him luck which made Kayden chuckle in response.

Kayden navigated his way to the direction of his reserved table. A waiter attended to him but he requested to have more time and wait for his date. She arrived thirty minutes later in a frenzy, apologizing.

"Hey. I'm so sorry I took this long. I was kind of held up at my place."

"It's okay." Kayden smiled and pulled her chair out for her to sit. She smiled beautifully and sat.

"Thank you for the nice gesture." She said in her light sweet voice and he nodded with a smile.

He was really impressed at how good she looked. He has been with so many women to know when one was trying to impress him and she was part of them. It wasn't bad though, it just put him off a bit. He wanted someone that would be their actual self around him and dress comfortably. It bothered him to know that ladies still ogled him crazily and tried hard to impress him even after hiding his true identity. He knew he was an attractive man but that didn't make him the finest man in the world, which made him wonder.

He ignored the thoughts in his head and decided to enjoy the night with the lovely lady in front of him. No one knew what to say which was making the atmosphere awkward. Nicollet cleared her throat and sipped her water slowly. Kayden sighed inwardly and spoke up.