Homework

Karma's POV

Me and Nagisa were still slouched in the living room chatting about random things. School, assassination attempts, friends, teachers, etc. Eventually we got onto the topic of homework and studying.
"So did you do the homework?" Nagi gave me a doubting face. "Or did you forget again?"
"...I didn't have time..?" I attempted a convincing grin but it didn't work.
"Karma we've had a week..." He stated blankly. "You can't even use- ...that as an excuse. You were only gone for a day and a half..."

After a couple minutes Nagisa had finally convinced me to get my homework done. Believe it or not I was kinda thankful that he continued reminding me about it (aka: constantly nagging me until I did it) because it would mean I avoided getting more detentions! Plus the homework we were given in E-Class is usually easy and takes me no time at all to get it done.

Two minutes later...

"Hey Nagiii?" I called. We were now in the kitchen, Nagisa was getting a glass of water. After I called he placed his drink on a placemat and came up to me.
"Yeah?" He asked, sitting next to me at the table.
"What does that mean again?" I asked in an innocent tone, pointing to the fifth problem on the worksheet.
"At this point I'm just doing the worksheet for you..." The bluenette grumbled as he quickly wrote down the translation onto a different sheet of paper for me to copy down.

This was indeed the fifth question that I had asked him to do for me.
"I know but I'm not the best at Japanese ok?" I admitted as I scratched the back of my neck, averting my eyes.
"Fine... I'll write down the answers for you." Nagisa offered with a sigh.
"Thank you!" I grinned gratefully before he had finished.
"BUT. You have to help me with the maths homework."
"Deal!"

Nagisa's POV

I quickly jotted down all of the answers for Karma's homework, easily fulfilling my part of the deal. I then watched as she copied down all of them and tucked her sheet of paper back into her blazer pocket. She shot me a thankful expression before collecting my homework sheet from in front of me and glancing over it.
"This is easy!" Karma grinned and looked at me. "How about we get this finished then we can go upstairs and play some video-games?"
"Yeah!" I quickly responded and picked up my pen.

When they finish their homework...

Karma led me through the hallways. I admired the expensive environment as we walked. Eventually we reached her room. The red-headed female swung the door open and ran in.
"Make yourself comfortable!" She told me as she went into her walk-in-closet. "Be right back!"
I took a seat on her bed and examined my surroundings. After a minute or two, Karma walked out in black short shorts and an oversized, dark red sweater. She was basically dressed chill enough to stay home but nice enough to go out somewhere.

I was slightly confused at why she changed clothes. I didn't want to be rude though so I didn't ask.
"Rio text me asking if I was busy or if I was decent enough for them to come over later so that's why I changed." She explained like she read my mind. "I told her that you were here and that I was busy but she said that she's bringing some of the others over later." Karma didn't sound too happy about the others coming over, and if I'm honest, I wasn't the happiest about it either. At least we could enjoy the rest of the alone time we had before they got here!

Third Person POV

The two friends had completely forgotten that they were going to play video games and continued to chat for a while. When they ran out of things to talk about an awkward silence came between the two of them. As he desperately tried to think of something to talk about, a question popped into Nagisa's head.
"Hey Karma? Can I ask you something?"
"Shoot." She responded blankly, turning to him.
"Where are your parents?" The bluenette asked curiously.

Hearing this, she looked at the ground.
"They're overseas. Have been for a while now." Karma explained to him, not noticing the slight sadness seeping into her voice. "It's fine though. They're never here anyways." Nagisa immediately felt bad about bringing up the topic. This resulted in him embracing his friend.
"Wait so who takes care of you?"
"I take care of myself. I cook my own food, do my own laundry, do the cleaning, and so on." She smiled jokingly before continuing. "But hey, at least they won't know about all the trouble I get into!"

Nagisa was amazed that she could talk about this and still brush it off like it was nothing. He knew that Karma never really was one to show emotions such as sadness but she would accidentally let it slip from time to time. Usually when she was alone with Nagisa. This meant that she trusted him the most which made him feel special.

Making an attempt to lighten up the mood Nagisa began making random jokes. Karma, finding it amusing, soon joined in. They continued like this for a while.