Seven

Harry and Louis arrived at Liam's, neither of them acknowledging or even mentioning what had happened back at the penthouse. Surprisingly, there wasn't an awkward tension filling the air. Even after it had happened, neither of them acted awkward or embarrassed. It was just a casual kiss. They just went on about their business like usual.

"You two arrived together? Did you plan that?" Niall snickered, opening the door.

Louis just rolled his eyes. Harry was the one to speak though. "I didn't want the poor sap to walk here, so I decided to give him a ride."

"Stop giving yourself so much credit," Louis scoffed with a smirk. He turned back to Niall. "We decided that we'd tolerate each other for yours and Liam's sake."

Niall quirked his eyebrow. "So, what, you're friends now then?"

"Friends isn't exactly the term I'd use," Louis joked, but he actually meant it. He had no idea what him and Harry were if they weren't mortal enemies. They certainly weren't friends.

"Holy shit, I didn't expect to see you two here. Especially together," Liam spoke up, showing up behind Niall.

Louis presented himself, getting annoyed at the gawking from their two friends. All he wanted to do was continue hanging out with his friends and forget what happened between him and Harry. It made him uncomfortable because it wasn't hatred that was between them anymore.

"Well, we're here, so believe it," Louis told him and then pushed past the two of them.

He heard Liam begin to mutter to Harry, but Louis didn't pay any mind to it. He knew that it was most likely Liam quizzing Harry on how he got Louis' stubborn arse back in New York. It was too obvious what Liam would ask. He was all about making a mountain out of a molehill when it came to Harry and Louis.

Louis went straight to Liam's kitchen, grabbing a glass out of the cupboard to help himself to some water. He was strangely parched, which was odd because he only got that way when he was nervous. There wasn't a reason for him to be nervous and he certainly didn't feel that way. If anything he felt bored. After filling his glass, he leaned against the counter and took a drink of the water, trying to distract his mind away from any of the recent events that had taken place in his life.

Niall finally came striding into the kitchen, looking at Louis with a quirked eyebrow. "You made yourself at home, didn't ya?"

Louis nodded taking another sip of the water. "I think we're all at that point in our friendship that we can go into each other's homes and act like it's ours."

"Yeah, you have a point," Niall chuckled, going to the fridge and grabbed out a beer, twisting the cap off. He took a quick sip of it before questioning Louis again. "Is there something going on between you and Harry?"

Louis nearly spit the water that was in his mouth all over at the words that had left Niall's mouth. "No! What would make you ask something like that?"

"Because of the sudden comradery that you two suddenly have. Also, the way he talked about you, he seemed like he fancied you," Niall pointed out.

Louis couldn't help but look at the Irishman with a confused and concerned look. "I don't know what the fuck is in that beer, but it's fucking with you. I would never be in a relationship with someone like Harry."

"But you would be in one with him?" Niall continued to press.

"Do you not listen? I just said I wouldn't," Louis repeated.

"You said with someone like him. You didn't say that you wouldn't be in a relationship with him," the brunette said flatly, taking a sip of the beer.

Louis just rolled his eyes. "You're just looking for some type of conspiracy, aren't you?"