Chapter 12-Running from him

Hello dinosaurs, how was are you all? I have been sent a new cover for this book by  @20_shades_of_blue  but they are both wonderful and I can't decide which is better so please comment which one you prefer.

 I hope everyone enjoys this chapter

 I hope everyone enjoys this chapter. Like always comment, vote and share!

In this chapter I switch between the points of view between Forest and Aria because I thought it was the best way to show what was happening.

Chapter 12

Aria's POV

I ran. I didn't know what else to do. What else could I do. I couldn't stay. He was a monster. He hadn't hurt me yet. But he could, just like my dad, just like my brother. With him it's worse though. I care about him and I thought he cared about me. I let down my walls for him and let him see the real me. He has seen my vulnerable side and my biggest insecurities.

My brother and dad never loved me, they hurt me since I was small, I never knew any different because I only have a few memories of before my mum left, when our family was a loving one. Ever since I was little I knew they didn't love me so for all those 11 years I didn't love them, but this small time I have spent with Forest and his family I have grown to love them. If Forest hurt me it would break my heart. I must keep my heart safe, its one of the only things I have left.

I ran into the woods, heading out of town, hoping to find somewhere safe to stay. I always ended up staying with monsters, this time I wouldn't. I couldn't. I didn't have any family or friends or even family friends to stay with, the only ones I knew would no sooner set eyes on me then throw me to the demons, my dad and brother, and the only friend I had was Forest.

I came across a hollow tree a few towns over, a perfect little hidey hole to keep me safe while I get my energy back. I had run all night and most of the day and had travelled through woods and through the town. I was exhausted and I needed to rest before I fell asleep standing up.

I hadn't see Forest, but he may still be following me. I wasn't sure if he would follow or not, but better safe than sorry. I knew his secret, so he may want to silence me before I told others.

I clambered into the hollow tree and settled down, curling up and trying to keep warm, it was windy and cold and I didn't feel safer then when I was staying with Forest. I fell asleep, wishing the only home I had ever had wasn't also the home of a monster.

----------

Just as I fell asleep I heard a voice in my head, "Oh child, he would never hurt you," I recognised that voice, but I couldn't remember where from. "It's me, you know, Layla, the moon goddess. I have visited you before you know."

Layla? I remember! How could I have forgotten. She took me to a beautiful waterfall, and fairies lived there. Then she told me werewolves were real and I was one and that I had a mate, oh and that hardships were coming.

"Yep, that's me." Layla confirmed, "I've come to remind you since you forgot all that I told you and then did the one thing I told you not to, you ran away from your mate, terrible choice by the way."

My mate. I don't have a mate. I was running away from Forest, the monster. "No" Layla countered, "You were running away from Forest, your mate. He will never hurt you, his one purpose in life is to love and protect you. He will always keep you safe and would give up his own life for yours."

Woah, too much information at once. Forest? My mate? "Yes, Forest is your mate, why else did you think he knew to find you when your dad tried to kill you, and to find you on the first day at all."

I suppose that makes sense. I was confused. My head was hurting with all the new revelations and I just wanted to sleep. But I was asleep, and it was worse than when I was awake.

I just wanted to be home. I wish I could wake up and find this was all a dream, Forest wasn't a werewolf and I didn't run away. I wish I was home.

----------

Forest's POV

Two days. Aria's been missing for two days. We managed to track her scent through the woods, but we lost it in the bustling town centre. There were to many smells to just pick out one, they had all been mixed and distorted.

I was lost. I needed my mate by my side. But she doesn't want to be at our side. My wolf howled in pain, causing me to wince. He had been doing that a lot recently.

My mum came into the kitchen where I had been eating breakfast and smiled at me reassuringly. "I have sent the word around the pack that we are looking for her. I didn't tell them why, but I said it was important they tell us if they see her."

I nodded in thanks to my mum while finishing off my last bite of toast. I was going to go back into the town and see if I could catch Aria's scent. For most weres it would be impossible, but she is my mate, so her scent stands out more for me. Sadly, still not quite enough for me to find her.

-----------

As I stood on the edge of the woods I could faintly pick up her scent but as I got further and further into to town I lost it. This time though my wolf joined in. I can smell her. I can smell mate. I concentrated on my wolf and sure enough with his enhanced sense of smell you could just about smell Aria.

I ran through the crowds, trusting my wolf to lead me to our mate. We came across another wood, and this time her scent was stronger, easier to pick out, fresher. She had been along here just a few hours ago. I was close.

I continued to follow her scent until it got dark, and then, just as the moon rose in the sky, I saw her. My beautiful mate asleep in a tree.

I walked over and considered my choices. I could either pick her up and take her home, but that would be against her will. I could wake her up and try to talk to her, but she may just run away. I tried to think of the right choice but they all had flaws, they all had one little detail that stops them from being great.

In the end I decided I would wake her up, she would hate me even more if I took away her right to choose. I slowly shook her shoulders, waking her up and hoping she didn't run from the sight of me.

"Aria it's me, please wake up. I need to speak to you." She opened her eyes and I was surprised to see they weren't full of hatred, more like confusion. "I know you are confused and maybe a little scared but please, come home with me and I will explain everything."

She nodded, and my heart soured. It would all be ok. I would explain it to her and she would stay by my side. Hopefully.

-----------

We walked back home both lost in thought. What if she doesn't accept me? What if she runs away again? What if I lose her? I really hope half of these scenarios don't happen. That would be disastrous.

I opened the door and my mum came charging around the corner, like every day, to see if I'd found Aria. Only this time I had. No sooner had Aria stepped in the hall my mum engulfed her in a hug. "I was so worried about you Aria," My mum gushed, "I thought you would never come back!"

Aria smiled at her and they both sat down on the sofa. Aria stared at me expectantly, waiting for an explanation.

Just as I was about to start my dad walked into the room, smiling ear to ear. Happy our family was full again. He sat down next to my mum and motioned for me to start.

"Aria, I am a werewolf, and you are my mate." I started.