Chapter 14

Theo's POV

He just said it was a date. Holy shit. A DATE! By the time I process what he's said fully, he's already driving off into the night. Shit, he must think I rejected him!

"E! LI!" I call out into the dorm. 

"What is it Theo?" Liam asks, coming down from upstairs.

"Michael just admitted that it was a date." I say, still extremely startled at the information.

"I knew it." Ethan smiles.

"H-how?" I stammer.

"He doesn't seem to be the kind of guy who bakes for fun. One on one interactions, right? Doing something you love, he has a good excuse to do it too. It's almost Christmas after all."

"He gave you the cookies to take home too right? Why would he ask you over, bake, and get rid of all the cookies you guys baked? He obviously loves you." Liam beams, taking the box from my freezing hands and putting it on the counter.

"I didn't say anything back when he admitted it! I need to call him. What if he's still driving? How long should I wait?" I start panicking.

"Send him a text?" Ethan suggests, lying down on the couch.

"What if he doesn't check it? Should I wait until tomorrow? Is that too late?"

"Calm down Theo. Call him in about 10 minutes. He should be home by then. He lives near right?" Liam says, patting my shoulder. I nod in response.

-

10 minutes later, I'm gripping my phone tightly. I nervously press the "call" button under Michael's name, and wait as it rings.

"What is it." Michael says flatly. He seems sad or disappointed.

"H-hi Michael. I just wanted to say... that I'm glad it was a date." I whisper into the phone. There's silence on the other end for a bit.

"You're glad?" He asks, confusion evident in his voice.

"Yeah. I've had a crush on you for a while now." I admit sheepishly.

"Are you serious? Not pranking me?" Michael questions suspiciously.

"Not pranking you. I wanted to ask you out, but during that dinner you didn't comment when Rowan said he was bi, so I wasn't sure if you were into guys or not."

"I wasn't... Not at the time anyway. I told you I had a discovery right? I was confused on my sexuality then. I didn't understand my feelings for you, but I realized later that I like you, more than a friend would." He murmurs.

"So... what are we?" I ask uncertainly. 

"Boyfriends I guess... Unless you don't want to be."

"Of course I want to be. Guess you're my boyfriend, Michael." I chuckle.

"Guess you're my boyfriend." Michael smiles.

-

-

-

We don't really see each other for a while after that. Christmas break started so we both went home to our families. I gave my parents the cookies, and they were elated.

Christmas went pretty well. I got to see my aunt and uncle, who asked all about my university life. I told them about how it was going well, but kept Michael out of the picture. No one knew I was gay except my friends (and my boyfriend obviously), and I intend to keep it that way.

-

Christmas and New Year's came and went. I moved back to the dorm and greeted E and Li after not seeing them for a while. Classes resumed, and I saw Michael on a semi-regular schedule.

-

About a week later, Michael came over to hang out. We went up to my room (which he saw for the first time), and mostly talked. Our relationship was still pretty new, about 3 weeks. 

We were cuddling on my bed (something I'm still getting used to), on our phones and talking to each other. 

At one point, we both turned to face each other, and I was startled at the close proximity. We stared into each other's eyes for a while, not really knowing what to do. Slowly, he leaned towards me, giving me time to back away if I wanted to. His eyes were searching mine, as if looking for some sort of hesitance or reluctance to the situation.

I'm terrified. I don't know what to do! I've never kissed a guy before. I lick my lips for a brief second before leaning in and connecting our lips together. They're a lot... softer than I anticipated.

His hand reaches up and caresses the side of my face. I have no clue what I'm doing, so my hands hesitantly wrap around his waist.

I let out a small sound accidentally, and his tongue gently touches my lips. Not really knowing what I'm doing, I part my lips ever so slightly, and suddenly the kiss becomes more intense. His tongue gently invades my mouth, his hands pulling me closer to his body.

My hands make their way up to his hair while I pant into his mouth. This is a bit overwhelming.

He pulls back after that, smiling at me.

I feel a bit dazed, the oxygen escaping me during that kiss. That was the most intense kiss I've ever had, and I know that's not even considered intense for most people. 

He kisses my forehead gently, hugging me close to his chest. He's so warm, I love it.

After a moment or two I untangle myself from him, saying I need a glass of water. I offer him some water, but he declines. I leave my phone on my bed, heading downstairs.

"Ohoho. Getting a little frisky up there?" Ethan wiggles his eyebrows.

"What are you saying?" I scoff, pouring myself a glass of water.

"Your hair is kind of messed up, and your lips are a bit swollen." Ethan replies smugly, and I can feel the heat rising to my cheeks.

"Not frisky. It wasn't even very intense." I refute, chugging the cool water to try to rid the blush on my face. I don't think it works.

"Fuck safely!" Ethan calls after me as I head upstairs.

"Shut up!" I yell back, walking into my room where Michael lies on the bed, narrowing his eyes at my phone.

"Theo, who's Stephanie?" He asks, frowning. 

Fuck.