0.2

aline had made sure dick stopped at a little diner in ohio while they were on the way to washington dc. the two adults sat across from rachel, dicks arm was behind alines shoulders making sure they had some type of contact. it was like their unspoken rule, they were always touching regardless of the situation. aline was always more of the quiet and shy one in the couple, especially when they were out in public. dick noticed how uncomfortable she was because of the situation.

"thank you." the waitress had brought the adults both coffees, and they waited for rachel to make a decision, "do you want a hot chocolate or something?"

"just coffee. black." rachel was looking out of the window while the waitress poured the coffees. "i bet they have marshmellows."

aline sighed, she was not making this easy, "i'm not a kid, okay." dick nodded his head, "okay. same for the lady."

they waited until the waitress finished pouring the coffee before continuing the conversation. aline looked over at her boyfriend before looking over at the purple haired teenager. aline had never realized how grown up she was, she was only fifteen maybe sixteen at max, but what aline saw the way rachel carried herself was almost like a young woman.

dicks arm grew tighter around aline. he definitely knew she was beginning to get angsty in this little dinner. especially with what happened a few nights before.

"my mom doesn't like me to drink coffee..." rachel reached for the sugar and then poured it into the cup, aline reached for her cup and took a sip, she lived for coffee, but she also understood how rachel's mom didn't want her to drink it, it wasn't good for her. "sweet tooth huh." dick chuckled before rachel looked at aline.

rachel gripped her spoon before mixing it slightly. "rachel...has anything like what happened, ever happened before." dick asked referring to the events that had taken place as rachel took a sip of her coffee. "no, not like that...i didn't mean to kill that guy."

"how did you kill that guy?" dicks eyebrows furrowed before aline looked at rachel's pleading eyes. she wasn't ready to talk about it.

"we're going to go see some old friends of ours...they're safe, they're gunna give us a place to lie low for a second. give us a chance to get our heads together. figure out what to do next..." dick spoke seeing how confused rachel was. aline then took the chance to comfort the girl, "i get that you're scared, but sometimes there's no time to be scared. no one is going to hurt you, i promise."

"where else am i going anyway." rachel sighed looking at the couple. aline sighed and leaned back into the booth before she looked at dicks gaze, she knew that look, the we need to talk look.

she sighed and leaned into dick, he pressed his lips to her hair gently before looking back at rachel, who seemed to be in deep thought.

"let's head out, and find someplace to stay for tonight." dick wanted to keep moving, he was always that way.

they had dropped rachel off at the room earlier before heading out to get a few more things. aline made sure to get some water and some snacks for rachel.

it had started to rain as the porsche drove down the road, "the storm should be over by morning." aline whispered as dick kept one hand on her thigh and one on the steering wheel. dick was always touchy but tonight he seemed even more needy.  she grabbed his hand and squeezed, "are you okay?" she whispered seeing his hardened gaze. "yeah i'm fine just thinking."