Prologue

Allegiances

Survivors:

Horsetail- an older brown medicine cat with yellow eyes. From Skyclan.

Redpaw- a ginger tom brother to Raspykit.

Berrykit- a ginger tom that follows Horsetail everywhere.

Rouges:

Tide- brown tom with black and grey stripes, with amber eyes.

Lies- black furred she cat with white legs and paws and crimson eyes.

Kittypets:

Sarah- a Carmel brown she cat with a few lighter spots around her tail.

Jumper- a lean cream tom with long legs.

Happy- a small cream she cat with brown eyes. She's a little silly.

Quinn- Happy's brother. Also a cream furred cat with brown eyes.

-----------------------------------------

The intense flames and the flakes of ash still devoured the forest. The smoke plumes devoured the breathing air, leaving cats struggling to stand. Redpaw was caught in the middle.

"Help! Please.. someone!" He croaked on his own words before coughing perfusivly. He looked around the hollow that was once his camp and shuddered, the other cats were no where to be seen. He hoped they had escaped as he looked around frantically himself when he heard a mewl. Oh no...

Redpaw darted over to the nursery to see a tiny tuft of fur inching away from the fire. He couldn't recognize the kit's fur color for it was drowned in ash, he quickly picked the kit up by the scruff and looked toward the camp's exits.

The usual exit was blocked by a flaming log. He examined the size and decided he had to try. Redpaw gripped the kit tightly in his jaws and ran straight was the flaming exit. As he reached the piece of bark he leaped into air and soared over the flames. His belly became instantly seined as he did but when he hit the ground, he kept running.

When dawn arose he had finally reached the outskirts that were not thick with fire. Redpaw set the kit on the stone then looked down from the tall peak.

The four Clans' territory was engulfed in smoke and he couldn't see any tiny pelts of other cats. After Redpaw had seen and felt enough grief he turned over to the kit and started stroking his tongue across his ash strike pelt. When he had taken some of the ash off in displeasure he noticed it was his younger brother, Berrykit.

Berrykit was only two moons old so he wasn't strong enough to follow the clan out. But it kept Redpaw wondering where his mother was now.

The vivid memory of last night stuck him, quickly. Pain of loss, brought him to his paws. Redpaw remembered the alarmed screams and shouts for help but it had never happened before, they had no idea on what to do. Redpaw's mother Crimsonpatch must've taken off with their other siblings unknowingly forgetting Berrykit.

"Berrykit... are you alright?" Redpaw whispered in the ginger tom's ear. The kit shifted in his dirty pelt, yearning for its ginger color to return.

"Where's mom?" He rasped keeping his eyes shut tightly. Berrykit huddled close to Redpaw as a brisk gust of wind barreled past them.

"There was a fire. ShadowClan is gone. Mother is with StarClan," Redpaw explained with a stiff voice. He knew he would not cry, nor dwell on it, for Berrykit's sake.

"Where...do we go?" Berrykit whimpered. His tiny brother snuggled soundly into Redpaw's pelt.

"Come with me, children.." Another voice said from behind them. Redpaw turned around to face a bigger and elder tom with yellow eyes.

"You're.."

"I'm Horsetail, I came to the last gathering. Remember what I said Redpaw. I told the clans I kept seeing this vision," he said looking over the territories.

"You knew this would happen... and," Redpaw was interrupted again.

"I tried to warn the clans. I saw the destruction of my Clan, SkyClan. I could not bear another."

"Then why did this happen?" Redpaw asked with desperation. He wanted to become deputy, have a mate, live his life proving loyalty to Shadowclan. How can I live without Shadowclan? What will I do?

"Your leaders would not listen. I told them to survive we had to live and venture into other lands and start new Clans. Their pride in their separate Clans was more important to them then survival and they paid the price. Only you, your brother and a few other cats may have survived. But Starclan... meant it to be this way," Horsetail said with words if wisdom. Berrykit stood up and stomped over to Horsetail.

"What about my mom? Or Shad... Ow clan?" He croaked out with teary eyes.

"We must start a new order, Clan and new families," Horsetail explained as he looked down at Berrykit. He didn't shed a smile but looked sternly into the kit's eyes, as if he was challenging him.

"And StarClan?" Redpaw asked looking up toward the sky.

"There is no more, StarClan."