Chapter 19 - Izzy

Shoujo = Literally means young woman in Japanese. This term is used to describe media like manga and anime focused on teen girls. The most common theme in them are romantic relationships and a high focus on emotions of the characters. I love reading them because they can give you that gooey feeling inside and that makes me happy.

I'm stuck between Jason and Elliot on the couch in the living room. We're eating pizza and watching an episode of the new Frankenstein series with Sean Bean. Apparently not everyone was into Bones and the gore that comes with it. Though, I'm not sure that Frankenstein is a much better choice on that front. But I don't care. I'm happy right where I am and that's all that counts right now.

Elliot coming over was scary and then the whole making out and me freaking out a little during making out thing... but it's good now. Now Elliot is here a little longer, I'm not as nervous anymore and I'm not going to make out with him right in front of my parents. That's not something I want to do, really.

But just sitting here, everyone around, it's very calming and I guess I could get used to this.

Dad looked a little odd as he saw Elliot, but they hit it off when Elliot said something about a book he'd read or was reading or something, and that seemed to make my dad like him. Figures.

When I'm alone with Elliot, I keep wanting to touch him, I keep wanting to kiss him and everything. I never thought I was someone like that, someone who just couldn't stop touching the person they liked, but apparently I am. It's just that with my body not exactly being the way that I feel like I should be, I don't really know how to do things with him. What does he expect from me? What do I want him to do? What do I not want him to do? I don't know. And that's the frustrating part.

I have no idea. I have no idea how to do all these things that normal couples do, and I don't know if it's any use to ask Jason or someone else. They're cis couples, and my problems are more related to me being trans. But who can I talk to? Sure, I've got trans friends online, but that just feels so awkward. Just... I don't know.

Elliot's fingers trail over my arm, his touch warm. I glance his way, not sure how to react to him, how to act now. But he's just smiling, happy. Then his eyes go back to the TV and I slide my hand along his, entwining our fingers. Touching him makes the butterflies in my stomach only worse. But it also feels good, and he's so warm, but not too sticky in this hot weather.

After the episode ends, I get up, looking at the two guys on the couch. "I think there is a Soulcalibur contest to be played. Right?"

Jason and Elliot look at each other and then they both nod. Elliot stands up first, stepping close to me. "Of course." He's grinning and I can't help my own grin.

"Did Izzy warn you yet? I am quite good at it." Jason also stands up, putting the empty pizza boxes on top of each other on the table.

"That's what everyone says." Elliot laughs and we get back up to my room. I'm walking between Jason, who is in front of me, and Elliot, who is behind me, and I'm just hoping that their friendly banter really is friendly and not just them trying to be nice to each other because I'm around... That would be a bad thing.

It's not like Jason and I are like that, but I know that some girls Jason dated would really see me as 'competition' or something, even though I have no interest in him like that. We just hang out a lot, always having fun. He's my best friend, we understand each other in ways that many others never do, although, maybe Elliot does too. Jason did joke at one point that I was more likely to start hitting on one of the girls he would date than I'd ever see him like that, and he wasn't wrong. Though, he'd never say it when they were around, some people do not take jokes like that lightly, especially people who would worry about me trying to 'steal' him away in the first place.