9

Once Yu Jiang was led to where Madame Fenchi, Yu Ning, and Yu Bai were in the courtyard, upon seeing the stains of blood on Yu Bai's back and the painful looking stick in the maid's hand, Yu Jiang clenched his fist and fasten his pace.

"Bai, why is your back bleeding?" Yu Jiang asked Yu Bai once he walked up next to Yu Bai's trembling body.

Yu Bai nervously lifted her head slightly to give Yu Jiang a pleading whimper, but upon catching a glimpse of Madame Fenchi's cold glare with the corner of her eyes, Yu Bai shivered and quickly dropped her head again.

"Proceed." Madame Fenchi carefreely told Jinghu as she drunk a sip from her cup.

Receiving the okay from her boss, Jinghu happily raised her hand high up and swooshed the stick back down toward Yu Bai's back. However, before the stick could make direct contact with Yu Bai's back, it stopped.

"You!... Let go this instance." Jinghu cruelly sneered towards Yu Jiang as she roughly shook her wrist free from Yu Jiang's hold.

As Jinghu glared at Yu Jiang and raised the stick to hit Yu Bai again, Yu Jiang again grabbed Jinghu's wrist and stopped her movement right before it was able to touch Yu Bai's wounded back.

Seeing her maid being stopped twice already, Madame Fenchi's previous calm expression soured as she coldly shouted for two guards, "Guards, restrain this brat and beat him 50 times. How dare he act so repulsive in front of this madame!"

Even though Master Yu was just a 3-rank official, since appearance mattered greatly to him, the manor always made sure to station a few sturdy looking guards near Master Yu's study, Madame Fenchi's wing, and Yu Ning's wing. The purpose of it was supposed to show their power. Therefore, it only took a short minute for two guards to act to Madame Fenchi's order.

As the two guards swiftly gripped Yu Jiang's shoulder and attempted to force him to kneel, Yu Jiang turned to Yu Bai's trembling body and coldly stated. "Bai, make sure to clearly remember all the faces of the people who have dared to hurt you. You will need to give a detail explanation to the imperial care madams when you enter the palace harem."

Hearing Yu Jiang's words, Madame Fenchi narrowed her eyes as Yu Ning coldly snorted aloud.

"Hah!!! how ridiculous. The day this trash enters the palace harem is the day Yu Ning will marry a cripple beggar. It will never happen in this life time or in the next life time." Yu Ning raised her head back a bit and laughed aloud.

Hearing Yu Ning's comment, Madame Fenchi reflected on Yu Bai's appearance and performance during the audition. 'Not only was her appearance messed up, her performance was atrocious. The Emperor, a divine man who only surrounds himself with the best of best, will never take a second glance at this trash. Hmph!' Madame Fenchi reasoned to herself before she told Yu Jiang, "Creating lies regarding the Emperor is punishable with death. How dare a bastard like you sully his majesty's reputation. This trash of a girl will never make it. If by some miraculous miracle that this brat (Yu Bai) does make it into the palace harem, Yu Ning will have been notified about her acceptance way before filth like her (Yu bai) is accepted. Punish this scoundrel with 100 beatings. If he dies, feed him to the dogs. Jinghu, proceed with the beating and reset the strikes to 0."

As Yu Jiang stared at Jinghu lifting the stick up again, he raised his voice again, "Take this a warning. If you value your life and the lives of those in your family, then stop this abuse. Else, don't say that I did not warn you ahead of time!"

Seeing the seriousness in Yu Jiang's expression and hearing that her family's life might also be at risk, Jinghu stopped and stared at Madame Fenchi, same with the two guards.

"CONTINUE! Did you forget who your master is? If I say you will be okay, then you will be okay. Who else would dare challenge this madame's authority?! PROCEED NOW and drag that bastard away from my sight." Madame Fenchi angrily scolded Jinghu and the two guards who appeared to have a slightly worried expression on their faces.

Since Yu Jiang has never lied before in their (Jinghu and the two guards) time of working in the Yu Manor, Jinghu and two guards were still warily about following Madame Fenchi's order, but since she is their boss, they all half-heartedly agreed.

As the two guards tightly grip Yu Jiang's shoulder again, he attempted his best to shake them off and stop Jinghu from whipping Yu Bai again, but no matter how much he struggled, Yu Jiang's body was nothing compared to the two big men's built bodies.

"Don't hit her. You'll really regret it. I swear! Stop!" Yu Jiang struggled and cursed at how weak and powerless he was.

As the two guards forcefully dragged Yu Jiang away, he saw Jinghu raised her hand up and swung it down hard on Yu Bai's back. 'Shit! god, why can't I have my original body or at the very least, my gun or knives. I'm so fricken useless that I can't even protect a girl. Why the hell was I even put into this body for then. F@#k!' Yu Jiang cursed to himself as his brain and body try to think of a way to save Yu Bai.

...

"Official Yu, the people of your home are truly courageous. Even this general, who has won numerous medals for defending this country, does not dare think that this General is capable of disrespecting his highness. You truly have a courageous head madame. As soon as this general returns to the palace, this general will be sure to share the courage that exist in your manor with his majesty!" An emotionless voice sounded from far. Yu Jiang and everyone else were complete stunned to hear those words and become even more baffled by what Master Yu replied back.

"This lowly official does not dare. There has been a misunderstanding. That person is not the head wife but just a mere servant. This official would never dare go against his majesty. This official was just enlightened now of how that lowly servant feels and will dispose of her immediately! The lowly official begs your understanding when explaining this incident to his majesty. The words of a mere maids certainly do not reflect my manor and family's respect and loyalty towards the Emperor." Master Yu's quickly and fearfully apologized to the tall general in front of him.