Giggles

There was a giggle. Severus found that he couldn't be in a bad mood when his son giggled like that. He sighed as he watched his husband color with Hades. Hades giggled as Tom colored an orange purple, not because it was the wrong color but because Hades just loved purple and expressed happiness through giggles. When Tom had tried to use the red crayon... well, explosions were accidental and the look of pure shock on Tom's face lightened Severus' heavy heart along with Hades uncontrollable giggling.
He sipped at his tea, his eyes having dropped closed. He heard another giggle and smiled to himself as Tom whispered to the giggling boy.
Severus frowned as he allowed himself to understand how a teenager who wasn't a teenager anymore could be so small and the how the damage would never truly heal. Hades would always carry bits of what happened for the rest of his life. He knew that his son had a hard life and he just wanted to take it all away. It caused him great pain to realize that he couldn't take it away. Hades was blessed, though. Lady Magic had granted Hades another chance, in a way. Severus still marveled at the fact that Hades' birthday and age were completely different now. They had gone to Grigotts after Hades had started to heal a bit to check everything.
~FLASHBACK BROUGHT TO YOU BY SLEEPY AUTHOR~
Severus sighed as he looked at the robes Hades wore. His son was clinging to Draco and wearing neon purple robes. There were moving cauldrons of every shade of gold, silver, and green flickering around the fabric. He looked Tom, who was hiding behind Lucius, dead in the eyes.
"I thought that we agreed never to buy purple robes for any reason?"
"Would you believe me if I told you that they were black not ten minutes ago?" Tom smirked at the shock on Severus' face. Lucius pinched the bridge of his nose.
"You two are worse than new parents! Severus, Hades created those and yes, Tom, it was very impressive accidental magic. Now may we leave? If I remember correctly, you will be late for your appointment." Lucius was beaming as the two started to fight about whose fault it was that they would be late. Draco just watched, confused about adults as he held his brother. The fighting stopped when Narcissa dragged them through the floo to the bank where they were immediately shown to a room. The tests came back quickly after Draco explained them to Hades.
"Hades Severus James Tomas Riddle-Snape-Prince-Slytherin, son of Lord Slytherin and Lord Prince, is physically nine years of age. He has no godparents as of yet but Lady Magic did place the Malfoys as options. Heir Malfoy appears to be his soulmate. What classification of soulmate is still unclear. His birthday is December 31st." The goblin stated the facts with a slight grin, confident that they would accept the child as a godson. The goblin was proven correct seconds later and the group left the bank in high spirits.
~END OF FLASHBACK THAT TOOK WAY TO LONG TO WRITE~
He was brought out of his memories by a burst of rather loud giggles. The next thing he heard was a splash as Hades' magic had lifted and dropped a bubble of something onto his shoes. Severus mentally sighed but cleaned it up with a flick of his wand and amusement in his eyes. He looked at his little boy, who was pale and shaking and terrified. Severus held his son close and reassured him that Dada and Papa would never hurt him. The night ended in silence.
There was no giggle.