The Beginning

You screamed and smiled to yourself as the group of people you had been tailing jumped in surprise, one even ducking in fear. Success. Melting back into the curtains of the hallway, you walked back to your target area. You loved your job.

Suddenly there was a familiar scream from the next room over. Taehyung? He wasn't supposed to scream as part of his role (the evil doctor). He was supposed to laugh lowly and say scary things like, "You can pay the $1500 fee for this visit at the front desk." 

It was always possible he just had a particularly unbothered person passing through and decided to stray from his usual tactics but you figured you would scare your way over there anyways to check it out. 

You crept in to find it empty of both Taehyung and any people to scare. An odd stench had filled the room but that wasn't uncommon in the scare house. Odd stenches were your bread and butter here. 

The lights flickered atmospherically as you stepped up to the examining table just in case someone came in while Taehyung was out, you were sure you could do a good evil doctor. As you were thinking about this, your eyes drifted down to the prop with the bloodied throat in front of you. It looked different from before, you thought it must be new. Very realistic.

It was a woman's body, like the last one was but this one paid much more attention to detail. Even the very hairs on her arms were painted to stand on edge. Your hand subconsciously drifted to touch it, but as you did so your arm crossed over it's mouth. 

You immediately pulled away, gasping as you did so. It felt... hot. Like a very soft breath. You pulled out your phone to text your manager and you began to worry about Taehyung.

**YOU: Bang-ssi, what's with this new prop in the examination room?**

Suddenly to your great horror and confusion, the prop coughed, splattering blood on your dark costume. It began to contort horribly and you were starting to have a hard time convincing yourself that this was a prop. You stumbled back, only to feel your phone buzz in your hand as your body came in contact with the wall. 

**BOSS: What new prop?**

Now you were beginning to understand why Taehyung had decided to scream.

You pushed off the wall and ran to the door, fumbling with the handle as you pushed down the growing fear in your chest. No. You work in a scare house. You can deal with this. 

Despite whatever you told yourself, your body didn't believe it and you ran through the ominously empty hallways to the torture room. It seemed that most patrons had finished their tours and no more were coming in, though a few stragglers were still around. God save their souls. However horrifying it may sound, you knew your friend Jin would be there to calm you down. Once you reached the room, you grabbed the handle to twist it but quickly discovered it would not open. 

You pounded on the door, yelling Jin's name as you began to freak out. You flinched as someone grabbed your hand and flipped you around to see that it was Jungkook who was holding your wrist, confused and visibly shaken. "What's wrong noona?" 

"Where's Jin?" You asked fervently. You didn't know why but you felt that once you found him everything would be better. Not good, but better.

"He- uh went to the bathroom, I said I'd take care of the torture room. Why? What's wrong?"

"Find the others, take them to the employees locker room. Now, Jungkook."

You pulled your hand away and ran in the direction of the employee's bathroom. Thankfully it was close and you managed to keep your head by running behind the curtains like you do when you're on the job. 

When you were there, you barged in and looked around. Two of the stalls were closed and there was blood in the sink. Great. 

"Jin?" You whispered, peering at the shoes in one stall hopefully. Suddenly Jin burst out of the other, holding his evidently bleeding nose with some toilet paper.

"You called?" He said as he walked over to the bloodied sink and washed off the red substance nonchalantly. "Taehyung hit me with a door and just kept running. That kid, I swear." It was obvious he had no idea about what was going on. Really you didn't either, you just happened to find a body while on the job.

Looking from Jin to the other closed stall, you spoke quietly. "We need to go now." A mumble from the third person in the room sent you both running out. There was a high chance it was just a visitor to the scare house but you didn't know who it was and in this state you did not want to find out.

You grabbed Jin and pulled him to the employee locker room, praying that Jungkook had managed to get the other boys together. You didn't want to think about what could happen if he didn't. Your heart was almost beating out of your chest as you ran through the terrifyingly empty hallways together, sliding up to the door and throwing it open before slamming it behind you.

Immediately the sound of Taehyung's sobs filled your ears and your eyes found him sitting on the floor surrounded by the other 5 boys. They were obviously confused and trying to get words out of him, but you knew why he couldn't speak. You knew the reason for his blood-splattered hands, it was the same reason for your tainted costume and fast-beating heart.

Jin looked at you confused, still having no idea what was going on. When you offered no reason, he went over to comfort the hysterical boy. You stood frozen, still shaken and unsure of what to do. Thankfully Namjoon noticed your unstable state and came over to speak to you.

"(Y/N)?" 

"There was a body, Namjoon. Someone was murdered in the examination room."