six

Sebastian sighed and ran a hand through his hair when he entered the liquor store. He didn't really want to have a "boys night" but he figured it'd be more entertaining than staying at his apartment all night.

He had a few cases in his hands and started to head towards the cash register when someone tapped his shoulder.

"Excuse me, could you grab this for me. I'm just a few inches too short."
"Yeah. sure," Sebastian responded, turning to make direct eye contact with the one person he didn't want to see: Selene Rojas.

Selene whispered profanities in Spanish under her breath.

"Oh, uh, hi. You know what, don't worry about it. I'll get someone else to do it."
"Sel, don't be ridiculous. There's no one else in here. I'll get it."
As Sebastian sat down his own beverages to reach for the bottle of whatever she wanted, Selene ran her hand over her face.

"Here you go."
"Thanks, Sebastian," Selene mumbled as she took the bottle from him.
"No problem, Luna." Sebastian's eyes widened and his face flushed from embarrassment. "Shit, I-I'm sorry, that just slipped out."
"It's fine. Just forget it happened. Goodnight Sebastian." Selene rushed off in the other direction with her head down.

Sebastian let out a heavy sigh as he once again made his way to check out. After paying, he got in his car. Once he was sat down and buckled, he hit his hand on the steering wheel.

"Dammit! You'd think after almost ten years I'd be less of an idiot when it came to her."