Chapter 4

ADRENA

I stood in front of the mirror before heading into work the next morning and just stared at myself. I gave a piece of myself to Dash yesterday and I was feeling completely torn about it. Yeah, I knew he was an amazing guy and we felt so right together, but all I could think about was Karl and why I had run from Texas two weeks ago. I had a lot to work towards to make a new life; a new life that didn't involve another man, yet I basically threw myself at Dash all because I couldn't control my hormones and now I was kicking myself over it.

Yes, it was the most amazing sex I had ever had, but it still wasn't supposed to happen. I shouldn't have let it happen and now I have to fix it. I need Dash to know that he was a nice guy but that I couldn't get wrapped up with a guy right now; there just wasn't room for one.

I hadn't gone in to the shop before opening today because I didn't have any clients under my name but when I arrived a few hours after opening, I saw that I actually had a new client today and I was thrilled. It was about time! At least it would help me take my mind off of Dash for a while until I could figure out what exactly it was that I wanted to say to him.

"You look hunger," Kristina greeted me as I came up front to stand next to her.

"I feel hunger. But, I only had a few beers last night after..." I stopped myself. I couldn't tell Kristina about Dash and what we had one and how I had had a few beers after he had left and I was able to finally take a bath in my tub. But then again, maybe Kristina would know how to deal with this situation. It was definitely something Kristina would get herself into and has gotten into in the past. "...after Dash left."

Kristina cocked an amused brow at me and grinned. "You fucked the Irish hottie? Way to go 'Cuz!"

"No! Don't praise me! Help me. I shouldn't have slept with him and now I have to figure out how to tell him that I'm not looking for a guy in my life. What do you do after you sleep with a guy who clearly has feelings for you?" I bit my lip, hoping like hell that Kristina had some words of wisdom to share with me.

"Oh, that's easy. I sleep with someone he knows. It sends a loud and clear message that you're not interested in him. Trust me." Kristina started writing something in the appointment book while I glared at her. Was she being serious right now?

"Your solution is to sleep with another guy? That isn't helpful at all!"

Kristina laughed. "Sure, it is. You could always just tell him that you're not interested, but I highly doubt a guy like Dash will let you go easily. Fuck another guy and bam, he'll leave you alone like you have the plague."

I thought about it. As savage as it sounded, Kristina had a point. I could tell Dash in several different ways that I wasn't looking to add a guy into my life but sleeping with someone else was a sure way to push Dash away. Now the question is: Who do I sleep with?

And Kristina seemed to know what I was thinking about because she threw her hand up. "Oh, and make sure it's with someone he knows, remember... Otherwise he won't know it happened, right? Sleep with a friend, a colleague, or someone who would tell him."

"Right." I felt my heart beating out my chest as the answer rang loud and clear in my head. I knew who I was going to sleep with, I just need to figure out how to go about it and hope he's into it. "I have a few hours before my new client comes in... Mind if I take off for a bit?"

"I don't care, but if another client comes in looking for ink and wants you, expect to pull your panties up and come back in." Kristina winked at me and I just rolled my eyes at her before leave through the front door of the shop.

I had no idea how I was going to get Dane alone or if he'd even go for it. He was Dash's brother for crying out loud and what if Dash had told Dane about us already? Dane seems like a good brother and wouldn't sleep with his brother's girl; even though I wasn't Dash's. I would just have to figure that out as I went along with trying to seduce him.