We Walk The Plank On A Sinking Ship (Patrick's POV)

Well, I just got sent out of Pete's room. I have no idea what's going on with him. He started looking a little out of it when Jackson was born, then it just went downhill after that. His eyes closed and he went limp. They wouldn't tell me what was happening. I don't know if he's okay, I don't know if Jackson's okay, but all I do know is that I'm not okay. And I won't be until I can know what's going on with my husband. 

"Patrick?" I heard Jack's voice along with footsteps approaching me. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I-I don't know," I said, picking my head out of my hands. "P-Pete, there's som-something wrong with h-him."

"What happened?" Jack asked, pulling me into his arms.

"I-I don't ev-even know," I said. "O-One minute he's fine, b-but the n-next minute, his e-eyes are closing an-and he go-goes limp in my h-hand."

"Geez, man," Jack said, rubbing my back, allowing my to cry into his shirt. 

"I don't know what's going on!" I cried. "They wouldn't tell me and they just shoved me out of the room!"

"Patrick, he'll be okay," Jack said. "He just had a baby. He'll be okay for little Jackson, and definitely for you."

Jack and I just sat there out in the hallway, on the floor and against the wall. Hours seem to pass by, but in reality, it was probably a half hour at the least. A short while later, I heard Pete's room door open, then I turned to see who was coming out. It was our doctor. I stood up, as did Jack, then I asked him what happened. He said that Pete had lost a lot of blood, and that he had eventually stopped the bleeding. He told me that Pete was in a lot of pain, but he had given him pain medication. I asked if I was allowed to see him, and he nodded. I thanked him, then rushed straight in to see Pete.

"Baby," I said as I got to his side, grabbing his hand. 

"Hey," he gave me a small, weakened smile. 

"I'm so glad you're okay," I breathed a sigh of relief. "You had me so worried," I said, wiping a tear falling down my cheek.

"Don't cry baby," Pete said, gripping my hand with his other hand as well. 

"I was so scared," I said. "They didn't tell me what was going on, they just rushed me out of the room, leaving me there wondering if I was still going to have a husband after this."

"I couldn't just leave all of you," Pete chuckled weakly. 

"God, I love you so much," I said, kissing him gently.

"I love you too," Pete smiled at me. "Where's our little baby?"

"Right here," a nurse said, smiling as she carried our little bundle of joy towards us. 

Pete looked at me and smiled, then smiled at the nurse. She gently set our little baby boy in Pete's arms, then smiled and left the room. Pete and I both looked down at the sweet, little baby we had created, then looked at one another. Pete had started crying, which inevitably made me cry. I returned my gaze to little Jackson, then sat on the edge of Pete's hospital bed. I took Jackson's little hand in mine, then he looked at me with his big, brown eyes. 

"Pete, he's beautiful," I said, still smiling at Jackson. 

"I couldn't agree more, really," Pete said. "He looks just like you."

"Whatever," I laughed. 

"Here, hold your son for the first time," Pete smiled at me, allowing me to take little Jackson in my arms.

I stood back up, walking around the room while I smiled at our baby in my arms. I started talking to him, telling him how much I loved him already, which was making Pete chuckle, but also smile. I ran my finger against his little cheek, then he smiled at me. A big smile grew on my face, then I returned to Pete's bed, sitting back on the edge of it. Jackson gave me a little smile again, then he held my finger with his little hand. I allowed more tears to escape my eyes, which Pete sat up and gently wiped away.