A Late Night Flight

"Come on you two love birds, lets head back to the sanctuary. Its starting to turn dark." Valka states with a loving smile adorning her lips. Hiccup and I's head whip around to her and stare at her dumbfounded.

"WHAT!?!?!" Hiccup and I both yell.

"You will make such a lovely couple..." Valka fawns dreamily with her hands clasped together by her cheek imagining a future of Hiccup and I., In reality, I kinda wish for the same thing too. You're not alone Valka.

"Let's head back Val." I return her to reality as I make my way over to (d/n) who sat beside Toothless as they watch the scene unfold. My hand waves gently in the wind as my mind unconsciously makes the decision to grasp Hiccup's larger hand in mine. Hiccup paused for a second before a bright dazzling smile and light blush runs over his cheeks.

Hiccups POV

"OH, MY THOR! SHE IS HOLDING MY HAND! THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER! OR AM I DEAD?!? I'M DEAD AREN'T I, I'M IN VALHALLAH RIGHT NOW!" Hiccup panics before calming down a tad before opting to squeeze your hand back.

(Y/n)'s POV

As we reach our dragons I turn away to (d/n) until I am tugged backwards. I stumble until I realise that my hand is still laced with Hiccup's. Hiccup and I blush profusely as I go to unlatch my hand and I jump on (d/n) taking into the skies. I watch in my peripheral vision Hiccup smiling to himself while staring at his hand and my face becomes a shade darker.

I turn back to what's in front of me and continue back to the dragon sanctuary. Landing safely where Valka introduced herself officially to Hiccup which I will now call the flight dock. I pat (d/n) as I make my way back to my room with Hiccup after bidding goodnight to Valka.

As I enter my room I hang my armour back on its stand and crack my back and knuckles after checking it for any faults or damages. I glance over to Hiccup to see him staring at me, he turns away bashfully looking towards his feet when he catches me staring right back at him. A giggle escapes my lips as I gesture my hand over to the stone slab in the center of the room where (d/n) and I sleep.

(D/n) walks over and curls up on the slab as I lay on one of his/her wings as I stare back at Hiccup who stood idly looking at me not having any idea what to do. I pat the empty space beside me silently inviting him to lay down next to (d/n) and I along with Toothless. Toothless eagerly takes my offer upon his scaly shoulders as he gallops over to me to rest his aching form next to (d/n) who of which grumbled tiredly.

Hiccup lays down on Toothless' wing as he looks up at me laying down as well bending my head back to view him upside down, my hair splaying around my head much like a halo would.

"Night Hiccup" I whisper as I turn over and (d/n) wraps his/her other wings around my small form. My eyes flutter closed as I heat a muffled

"Good night (y/n)..." from Hiccup. As I drift off to sleep as the darkness consumed my senses I hear a faint "I love you.." Being muttered from Hiccup.

I may call it my imagination because as if Hiccup could love someone like me...

...5 Hours Later...

"WHY COUL'NT YOU BE MORE LIKE YOU SISTER!" My father yells at me grasping a handful of (h/c) hair in his large scarred hand.

"CAN'T YOU JUST ACCEPT ME FOR HOW I AM!" I scream back to him. Father jerks his arm towards him roughly pulling my hair back. I pained groan was muffled through my lips.

"YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE (l/n) NAME! YOU WERE AN ACCIDENT! YOU AREN'T OF ANY WORTH TO ME OR ANYONE ELSE ON GILSA! I COULDN'T CARE LESS IF YOU LEAVE THIS ISLAND AND DIE AT THE TALONS OF A DRAGON! ACTUALLY HERE COMES A THOUGHT! I HEREBY BANISH YOU FROM GILSA! PACK YOUR BAGS AND GO!" My father, the chief boomed in my face, his spit flying into my eyes making me squint.