Red Riding Hood: Chapter 5

"Hello brother,"

"..." Red just stood there staring at his clone in shock.

"If you're wondering why we look so much alike, it's because we're twins,"

"W-What's your name?"

"Kinro," He answered.

"My name's Red,"

"Your name at birth was Akaro," Kinro said, "Aka is Red and Ro is Wolf,"

"Red Wolf? I hate wolves, my name is Red,"

"Okay Red, you hungry? I'm starving," Kinro said grabbing Red's hand and leading him into the palace.

"Here," Red handed him some dried pieces of wolf meat.

"Is this jerky?"

"If that's what you call it,"

"Wow, I thought deer jerky was hard to make," Kinro said, biting the piece of meat.

"Deer? That's wolf meat," Red replied.

Kinro's eyes widened, "...It's actually pretty good..."

"Tch! Did you really think I had an abundance of deer meat in a forest filled with demon wolves?"

Kinro scratched the back of his head nervously, "I guess it's just because I've never heard of someone eating wolf meat before,"

"Are you serious? That stuff's delicious!"

"Where'd you get a cat?" Kinro asked.

"He's been with me for as long as I can remember," Red replied, picking Fay up off of the floor.

"That's weird, Mother never liked cats..."

"She's crazy if she thinks I'll ever get rid of him,"

"So how do you hunt wolves?"

"I don't really hunt them so much, I waited for one and killed it and after that more and more just kept coming to kill me,"

"So why do they call you the Wolf Slayer if you only kill them in self-defense?"

"I don't know...Do you know why they left me

"Apparently they wanted you to become a wolf hunter," Kinro said, "I missed you..."

"I probably would have missed you too, if I knew you existed..."

"The whole kingdom knows of you and now they will know of your return! There will be a feast and all sorts of celebration!"

"You guys act like I'm the heir to the throne..." Red mumbled.

"You are the heir...You mean they didn't tell you?""

Who would throw their heir away and leave them to die in the woods?!" Red growled.

"That's not important! We have to get you ready for the feast tonight,"

"Ready how?" Red asked.

"Well you can't go dressed like that!" Kinro exclaimed, motioning towards Red's outfit, "You look like a cave-dwelling witch!"

"What's so bad about living in a cave?" Red grumbled, but after looking at himself and looking at the beautiful palace he was standing in, he realized that he did look nothing like a prince.

Red let Kinro lead him to a tailor who instructed him to take off his clothes.

Red looked at him quizzically, "Why?"

"We have to measure you for your new clothes, genius," Kinro said, "Now come on, take all that foul smelling stuff off,"

Red reluctantly got undressed, but insisted that he keep his hood. "Why would you want that old thing? We can always get you another one--"

"No," Red cut him off, "I keep the hood," He ordered.

"Fine, but at least let him re-stitch the thing; it's all tattered,"

"Alright," Red agreed.