Why Skaro?

"Clara, we must get off this planet now, this, Skaro, is the home planet of the daleks!" The doctor reached for the TARDIS door, but it wasn't there. He started to panic. He spun around to see if he had missed it, but she was nowhere to be seen. It had seemed like the TARDIS had demateralized on it's own. The doctor had forgetten that he had programmed her to dematerialize when in danger. Stupid, stupid, stupid! the doctor thought angrily.

He felt something take hold of his hand and without thinking he pulled out his sonic and pointed. The so called "thing" that he was pointing at was Clara. He had almost forgotten that Clara was there between his fear and frustration. "Doctor, what's going to happen to us?" Clara whispered meakly.

"I honestly have no clue," the doctor replied but when he saw the petrified look on Clara's face he quickly added, "but nothing will harm you. I'll make sure of it." And with that the doctor gave Clara a quick little kiss on the forehead.  " You see Clara, if we can evade the Daleks until I can get a lock on the TARDIS's location, we'll be fine, but we'll need a place to hide." he said while scanning the area with his screwdriver. "Ah, piles of rubble, dust, rocks... well, that's umm... rubbish."

"Doctor, what about that little cave shaped thing over there?" Clara inquired.

"Well then, aren't you the clever one." he said in a mocking tone.

"You're just going to have to deal with it because guess what, you are the one that chose me to take with you!" Clara giggled as she nudged him in the shoulder.

The doctor looked down at Clara and with a giant smile on his face and said "You're right, you just haven't figured out why yet." He whispered in her ear and then began to run playfully towards the cave. It was almost as if he had forgotten they were stranded on Skaro. 

Clara laughed as she ran after him. The Doctor always loved to see Clara laugh with her cute little dimples and her deep brown eyes that seemed to sparkle, but it also made him sad because he knew that one day, he would see her die like he had seen one too many times before.  It filled him with a sense of warmth everytime he looked at her...

"Doctor, why are you looking at me like that?"

Clara had caught him in in the middle of one of his little day dreams and managed to spit out a pathetic "Wha wwha what way?" and almost instantly his face turned cherry red.  "Umm, I mean, I was just thinking about how we're going to get off this planet." which hardly sounded convincing.  He had slipped up before, but not nearly this bad.

"Right....  soooo, it looks we're going to have to take turns watching out for Daleks tonight."

"I'll take the first shift!" the doctor cut in almost instantly. "You need to get your rest Clara."

Not being in the mood to argue, Clara layed down on the bare cave floor.  "Good night, Doctor." she said with her eyes half open.

"Good night, Clara." he said in a hushed voice as she slowly drifted off to sleep.

Thank you all the people reading my story.  I will be updating this a little less often because of school and everything else that's going on in my life.  Just as a reminder, this is an eleventh doctor and Clara fan fic NOT twelve and Clara (even though the series premier was amazing).