Waking The Dead

Over due, I know. Sorry guys. I've been preoccupied. I was in a car accident and I had to take some time to recoup. Please enjoy. Sorry it is unedited.

Alex’s POV

Have you ever looked into the flash of a camera? It is this brilliant flash of light that blinds you. I was never good at holding my eyes open during the flash. Go ahead, try to find one decent picture of me that I am not squinting in.

However as I opened my eyes they began to be filled with this purely agonizing flash of light that never seemed to go away. I held my hand over my eyes to shield them but it didn’t help. Noises from the restaurant faded in the background as I was swallowed up into this bright ominous light.

My body was wracked in pain. I felt my lungs start to collapse. The pain consumed me just as the light had. It almost felt as if I was getting sucked into another dimension. It is the only way I have to describe it. I tried to scream but I couldn’t hear myself. I felt myself falling backwards but I never hit the ground.

I don’t know how long I was out for but when I woke up I was still blinded by that annoyingly vibrant light. The world had become quiet and still. I sat up and tried to let me eyes adjust to the light. In a rush of adrenaline I pulled myself up to my feet and took in my surroundings.

There was nothing but white all around me. That is the only way I have to describe it.  There was no change in coloration. No walls. No trees. No houses. It looked like the largest white room I’d ever been in without any confines.  

I felt lost and dizzy. I turned around to look in every possible direction but found nothing. I then remembered the gun and Leann. I looked down at my chest and I found nothing. No blood, no rips in my shirt, no nothing. It was like I had been in a bad dream. Well if that was a dream, what the hell was this?

“Hello?” I yell out. I can hear the sound of my voice and it sounds strange. It’s empty and hallow. “Hello!” I yelled louder. Panic started to really consume me. I’ve had some pretty screwed up dreams but this was something else.

I started thinking about Stella. Was my dream about the restaurant real? Was she in danger? If this was some kind of dream I needed to wake my ass up and come back to the world of the awake.

“Help!” I screamed. “Alex it’s time to wake up. Come on man wake the fuck up.” I scream at the top of my lungs. “This shit is funny man, wake up. Time to get out of your own head.” I started walking around like I was searching for something or someone.

“Jesus fucking Christ what the hell is going on!” I growled.

“You’re going to wake the dead.” I quiet woman’s voice whispered in my ear.

I threw myself forward away from the location of the noise and whipped around to look behind me. I volted so quickly that I fell back down to the ground and was now am looking up at the owner of the voice.

“You’re dead.” I gasped in the horrible realization of the person standing in front of me.

“Yeah well, who isn’t around here?” She smiled sweetly.

“What the fuck are you talking about? I am not dead.” I stood up and challenged her.

“Oh really?” She cocked her head at me playfully. “Could have fooled me.” She turned away and started walking away.