|Chapter Two|

I slowly and hazily regain consciousness. I lay there- wherever that is, on my back trying to process what's going on. What happened, where I am.

Think Winnie,

Remember,

What happened?

Where am I?

Then it all comes flooding back to me as the haziness slowly fades away. I slowly sit up, only to have to reprocess.

Now where am I?!

I look around me and I'm no longer in the maze made of stacked hay, I'm in a real maze. I look around seeing green. I immediately check my pockets. my phone and everything else I had is gone. except for a peanut. what? Is whoever kidnaped me too good for a goddamned peanut?

"WINNIE!" I hear my name being called in a far distance. I know its Michael.

"MICHAEL!" I yell back jumping to my feet a little too quickly.

As I hold my head in my hands trying to stop the walls around me from spinning, a loud, Darth Vadar type voice booms Loudly from an unknown location.

"Looks like you two are finally awake. Fantastic! Now the real fun can begin!"

What, the fuck, who, the fuck- I think before the voice interrupts my thinking.

"Rowan Thorpe and Michael Clifford you have been accepted to play on my little...Game" He says mockingly.

"WELL WE DONT WANT TO BE IN YOUR DAMN GAME!! LET US GO!" I yell.

"Well quite frankly I don't give a shit what you want you little ingrate!" He spits back upsetly.

"IF YOU LET ME GO, YOU CAN KEEP WINNIE!" Michael yells and the voice laughs.

"SHUT IT BEFORE I KICK YOUR ASS!" I yell to him.

"OH SORRY BABE I WAS JUST KIDDING!!" He yells back and the voice laughs again.

"You, Rowan and Michael, have exactly one hour to find each other, or one of you will suffer tragically!" the voice says before laughing villainously and then muting.

"WAIT! WH-" I begin when all of a sudden a timer flashes up in the sky. it reads:

59:57

"Better get moving!" the voice says before disappearing again.

"Fuck!!" I mumble before advancing forward on my hunt for Michael.

***

"MICHAEL!!" I yell for the umpteenth time. It's been 30 minutes and it kind of seems like we're getting farther and farther away from each other!

"WINNIE!" I faintly hear him yell my name.

I run towards the direction of his voice only to be met with a dead end.

"You know what, fuck this!"

With the help of the roots deep inside of the plant walls of the maze, I climb it. When I get to the top I almost fall, but I catch myself. I can see a lot of the maze from this high wall. It looks like it goes for miles and I can see an exit. I cuff my hands around my mouth and yell Michael's name again.

"WINNIE!? IS THAT YOU UP THERE? WOW YOU GOT TALL! YOU'RE TALLER THAN LUKE!!" He yells.

Is he really that much of a dumb ass? I look in the direction his voice came from and spot his head. I carefully navigate him to the wall I'm standing on.

"Winnie!! I found you!! yay!" He says smiling up at me.

I roll my eyes at how childish he is. I suddenly loose balance and fall and slip through Michael's grasp.

"Gee Michael! Thanks for catching me!" I say sarcastically lying on the ground.

"You are so, very, welcome." he says leaning over me.

I stand up and grab him by his ear and he starts to squeal in pain. I laugh at his pain

"What? No sarcasm now? That's what I thought you little shit!" I tease before the voice suddenly appears again.

"Looks like you two saved your selves congratulation!" he says with mixed emotions.

"ARE WE DONE YET!?" I yell.

"Not...even...close!" he says sadistically Laughing.

Then a gas starts filing to the dead end corner then it was like yesterday all over again. Michael and I fell to the ground and became unconscious.