01 ♛ FIND CARA LONGWOOD

CHAPTER ONE: FIND CARA LONGWOOD

♛

MADISON WOKE UP IN HER BEDROOM, feeling relieved that the spell worked. Her homesickness felt cured as she wandered around her own room. Her relief and bliss was overwhelmed by dread once she remembered the sole reason why she's back.

She opened her wardrobe to find an appropriate black outfit for the day. Using a stool from her vanity table, she reached for a luggage she owned that was stored on top of the closet. She packed a few pairs of outfits and shoes until it filled the luggage.

The witch headed downstairs to see her fellow sisters conversing. "Where are you going, Madison?" She had to think of an answer, knowing that they'd be confused if she told the truth even if she tried to explain it. At this point in time, the witches weren't aware of who Michael Langdon was.

"Project. I'm in demand these days." She answered as if it was an obvious observation. Nobody bothered to question her more knowing that she'll retort for everything they'll say and ask.

***

She was about to sign the papers after the payment went through. "Well, before you continue, there are issues I legally have to make you aware of." The realtor said.

She sensed déjà vu. She rolled her eyes, remembering how this already happened before when she was accompanied by a warlock. "This house has been unoccupied for quite some time. Over the past decade alone, there have been an unprecedented amount of break-ins, missing persons reports. And, of course, the most disturbing—"

"Yes, people have died inside. I know." She answered and sighed. "All... 36 of them?" The man asked her. She nodded without hesitation. The realtor looked surprised with her reaction, because all of the prior clients had the opposite reaction.

"Okay, but to be clear, we're not legally liable for any accidents, fatal or otherwise. Other than that, congrats on your new home."

***

"Westside Manors." She read the small piece of paper, then looking up at the sign. From the sign and the water fountain surrounding it, she could tell that only the wealthiest lived here.

It wasn't difficult to find where she lived. She's been given the address before she went back in time. She headed, only to be stopped by a guard posted in the guardhouse.