Chapter 30

Aria's P.O.V

It had been three days since Hunter sent me those messages but since then I have barley seen him, he has been home to get clothes but that's about it, he hasn't even been sleeping here, so I can only imagine where he has been staying, probably with some chick. And knowing that? That made my decision for me, it was clearly only sex he was after and nothing more, he just doesn't want me having the chance to have more with someone cause let's face it, we all know he can be selfish. I had not heard from Hunter either even though I have tried. I don't know what he expects from me. Anyway with all that information I decided to try a second date with Darren cause I am getting to the stage where I want more than sex and fun, and let's be honest...I aint getting that from Hunter.

Darren would be due to pick me up soon for our second date which I was looking forward even though the thoughts of what Hunter said to me was still playing in the back of my mind. I finished off getting red and bang on time there was a knock at the door. I grabbed what I needed heading to answer it to find Darren smiling widely at me looking as good as always.

"Hey beautiful did you miss me?" he laughed with a dorky smile

"No comment. Come in, I will only be a few moments." I smiled

He seemed a little nervous as he looked around

"My roommate aint here." I giggled

He smiled, stepping inside. He stood looking around the apartment until I was done. When I was ready he placed his arm around my hip, leading us out to his car, helping me in.

"I thought maybe we could do a little something more fun tonight. There is a music bar in town that not long opened, sells amazing food and has great entertainment." He smiled "You like music right?" he added

"I love music." I said smiling widely "It sounds perfect." I added

"It should be a good night." he smiled

We caught up each other as we drove there. It never took us long, Darren helping me out of the car, he was such a gentleman. We headed inside, the place already very busy. There a girl on stage playing the piano and singing her heart out, she was amazing. Everyone seemed in good spirts and having a good time. Darren and I soon got seated in a small booth, one that gave a great view of the stage which I was looking forward too.

"I never even knew this place was here." I smiled

"It only opened a few weeks ago. I am glad you like, would you like a drink?" he smiled

I nodded, deciding to stick to only non-alcoholic drinks tonight cause I knew if I drink too much I will end up doing something stupid like calling Hunter and that is the last thing I want to do. I would keep my senses around me.

********

Darren and I had been having a great time together, laughing, chatting and singing...enjoy the food and the company. Any thoughts of Hunter were now gone. I was beginning to like him even more with the time I was spending with him.

"Excuse me, need to go to the bathroom." He smiled giving my hand a quick squeeze before heading off, making me smile up at him sweetly.

He headed off, as soon as he did my phone vibrated against the table. I decided to quickly check it while Darren was gone. I looked at the screen, surprised to see it was from Hunter.

Hunter: I guess u made your choice then?

What the fuck? How does he know that? Is he here? I looked around but never seen him in sight, he must be somewhere if he knows I am with Darren

Aria: You are the one that disappeared for three days. You are the one that has been ignoring me. And I am sure you are the one that has been probably been with some random chick these last few days.

Hunter: I was giving you time Aria...giving you time to think, to work out what you wanted. Actually I was not with some random chick, I was staying with a friend. But whatever Aria, you clearly made your choice didn't you?

Aria: What did you expect Hunter? I am done with having just sex, I want more and you sure as heck aint the kind of guy to give me that.

Hunter: I was willing to try more for you Aria...more than sex. I thought maybe there was more between us...more than sex but I guess I was wrong uh? You make me out to be the bad guy but at the end of the day you are the one that was only using me. You were the one that choose some guy you barley know over me. You clearly feel nothing for me so its time for me to move on now. I will be out of the apartment by the end of the week. I was hoping you would have gave us a chance but I guess I was wrong.

I sat there reading the text over and over again, getting more confused the more I read it. He wanted more from me? He likes me? Then why did he not just tell me that? He made me think I was to choose between a possible relationship and sex when really that was not the case.

Aria: Then why did you just tell me that Hunter? Tell me you wanted more? And what made you think you and I would ever work? We don't exactly have the best relationship plus Brandon? Did you ever think about that? Brandon would kill you...you would lose your best friend.

I looked over seeing Darren was making it way back over to me...Shit! I was hoping Hunter would text back before he got here and he did

Hunter: I was willing to risk all that if it meant we could have a chance. You don't see it do you? All the fights? The arguments? Me messing with you all the time? Aria I never disliked...I acted that way cause I liked you. None of that matters now anyway. See you around Aria...hope he is worth it.

I never had a chance to text back before Darren sat down. I looked up at him, he looked back at me and his full face changed

"Aria are you OK?" He asked

I went to answer but before I could something caught my eye, actually rather someone...Hunter. He was standing at the bar all over some woman. He must have sensed me looking at him cause he looked up, his eyes falling on me. He shook his head before turning away from me.

"Aria who is that?" he asked

"Hunter. My roommate." I said

Darren looked to where I was looking before turning back to me

"Aria what is going on? You look jealous...you look regretful. Is there something going on between you both?" he asked

I was gonna make up a lie but decided to go for the truth instead. I told him everything and I mean everything. Once I was done, Darren looked at me with a sad look to his face but then managed a small smile

"Aria there is clearly more than that. I like you, I really do but I aint gonna be a second choice for you Aria. Maybe it is best if I leave and you can go sort whatever that is out. I was hopeful for us but Aria he was here before me...you feel things for him, maybe you should tell him that." He said, kissing my cheek and walking away...paying the pill before he did.

I sat there confused, not knowing what to do. And now here I am alone in a bar...having none of them.

******

Oh dear...do you think she has lost Hunter? Do you think she is too later and feels the same about him? And dont worry still planning at least another 10 plus chapters of this story hehe  in case it seems like it is coming to an end...its not lol 

Emma