Kakashi Hatake: 2

EDITED

Looking at the picture on the end table of young Kakashi and I smiling (well I was smiling)  next to each other I can't help but let out a small sigh. We used to be so close. After that day Kakashi made it his sole mission to train me to become strong. I was already strong from my training with Lord Third but after I froze up that day Kakashi wasn't convinced in the slightest. After sparring Kakashi quickly realized I was strong-ish, his words not mine. With hard work and determination, after countless hours of training with Kakashi as well as Lord Third, I was finally able to stand next to Kakashi as an equal.

But that was a long time ago. After the deaths of Rin and Obito, Kakashi started to shut me out. I wanted to be there for him, I wanted to be the shoulder he leaned on. He'd always been there for me and when it was time for me to return the favor he shut me out.

Or so he thought. I was stubborn as hell, and I damn sure wasn't the same scared little girl he met a few years ago. 

"How long are you going to stand there staring Yn? I thought I told you to leave me alone, how did you even get into my house?" Kakashi interrupts my thoughts as he sits up in his bed rubbing his eyes.

"How long do you think I'm gonna let you keep talking to me that way Bakashi you jerk? I'm here for you after all." I yell getting frustrated, he'd been being rude since he came back from his mission with Rin. "You're not the only one mourning here, they were my friends too you ass!" I had finally reached my limit.

"The pain that you're feeling doesn't make the pain I feel any less real. All I want to do is be here for you Kakashi." I was trying to keep myself together and be strong for his sake but I can't any longer as the tears start flowing freely down my face. It's as if a dam has broken and I can't fix it. "I-I was supposed to be there. I was supposed to provide backup for you guys. We promised to look out for each other and I failed. I-if I was there maybe we could have gotten to her before they-" I was cut off and enveloped in a warm embrace.

"Don't say anything more. This has nothing to do with you Yn, I killed her." I feel him against the top of my head, "you can't help that you got side tracked, if not for you those kids would have died as well. This is my cross to bear." 

I bury my face in his chest and inhale his clean scent. "I won't let you bear it alone." I gain some courage and look up at him with my tear stained face, "we're equals remember? Let me take some of the weight off of your shoulders Kakashi-kun."

He wiped my tears away with his thumbs. "The point of being rude and pushing you away is so you don't come back Yn, not the other way around." He says cupping my face and looking down at me with a sad expression. "I was pushing you away because it seems that those close to me always die. My father, Obito, Rin. I don't know what I would do if you died too Yn." Now he has tears in his eyes, I'd never seen him cry before. I lifted my small hands to his face and wiped his tears just like he did to me earlier.

"I'm not going anywhere Kakashi-kun, you're stuck with me for the rest of your life. Best friends forever!" I lean back from his embrace and hold out my pinkie finger. 

"Aren't we a little too old to be still doing the pinkie shake Yn?" He deadpans. 

"We're never too old!" I declare and thrust my pinkie in his face. 

"Fine, best friends forever." He says flatly and hooks his pinkie around mine giving it a firm shake.

Immediately after I tackle him into a bear hug, "you're always there for me so now I'm gonna be here for you, I hope your shoulders feel lighter because as of right now I've officially taken off some of the load.'

He returns the embrace and says a simple, "ok."