Chapter 2 - Show Me What You're Made of

It was around 8:00 pm when Nozomi collapsed onto her large canopy bed, exhausted from her activities of the day. So much for a day off... she thought bitterly. Over the phone she was promised she was needed for a two hour shoot only and would be free no later than 3:00. What a joke that turned out to be! In reality, she had two back to back shoots before being whisked off to do an hour long magazine interview. To top off her day, she still had an hour of martial arts training with her father. When all was said and done, she was exhausted. Her body was stiff and sore, though her partners had been extremely careful not to leave a single bruise on her flawless skin.

It pissed her off. She didn't like when people went easy on her just because of who she was, but she understood that sporting a black eye for a photo shoot would not be ideal either. Ugh.

Nozomi rolled into her stomach and buried her face in her pillow, freshly showered and changed into a pair of baby blue silk shorts and a white tank top. She whined into her pillow. "Why couldn't I have been born with a cool quirk?"

Not that she minded her life the way it was - her life was great! But sometimes...she just wished for more. She wanted fun, adventure, competition! Her father's safeguards made sure she was limited in all regards. Perhaps that's why she found herself reaching for her phone. She tapped the screen and entered her contacts with a frown.

"I forgot to ask for his number..." she murmured, thinking of her new blond haired acquaintance. Bakugo Katsuki... a smile pulled on the corners of her lips as she replayed their encounter. Today counted as their first real interaction and to think she even got him to agree to breakfast with her! Sure, she quickly found out that he had a very colorful vocabulary and a cocky attitude, but she sort of liked that he was a bit rough around the edges. He couldn't be all bad, either. Despite his initial complaints, he still stuck around with her and indulged her in conversation until it was time for her to go. She had a feeling if he really didn't want anything to do with her, he wouldn't.

Filled with inspiration, Nozomi tossed her phone aside and reached into her bedside table. She pulled out a sketch pad and a set of drawing pencils. Laying on her belly, Nozomi hummed softly to herself as she began the outline of her new drawing. She drew until her eyes began to feel heavy and her fingers began to slip. Finally, her head came to rest on the crook of her arm. Her pencil fell from her fingertips that cradled the spine of her sketch pad where she had begun contouring the shape of a familiar face.

Sunday morning came in the sound of a loud, annoying beep beep beep echoing throughout her room. Nozomi groaned, whining incoherently for the device to shut up and how it wasn't fair. She ungracefully flung herself out of bed and stomped across the room, slamming her palm onto the top of her alarm clock. 5:30am.

"I hate mornings..." she grumbled to herself as she dragged her feet into the bathroom and began preparing herself for her morning wake up run.

It was 6:30 when she made it to the park. Slapping her cheeks, Nozomi perked up as soon as she saw a head of ash blond spikes at the top of the hill. Katsuki stood with his back to her, stretching his arms across his chest. His red eyes turned to her as she approached.

"Mornin'!" She grinned.

"You look like shit."

Wow. What a charmer.

"Thanks, sunshine. Not so bad looking yourself." Nozomi felt her lips twitch at his honesty. She really did look like shit. She was tired and just wanted to crawl back into bed until noon. She couldn't even remember the last time she slept in that late... shaking those thoughts from her head, Nozomi twisted her torso and did a few stretches herself. "Today is finally my real day of rest," she added with a content sigh.