[Ch.43] Go home.

[Ch.43] Go home.

// Ayanna's Point of View

Umupo ako sa passenger's seat. Hinintay ko siyang makasakay. I then cocked my head to his side, "Why did you do this?" I asked, my voice flat. Hindi ko siya maintindihan. Was it his pleasure seeing me tormented? He knew Ate Abby would be there, didn't he think I was doing a favor keeping myself away from that party?

Tumingin siya sa akin at para bang sa loob ng iilang sigundo ay pilit niyang hinahanap ang mga tamang salitang dapat banggitin. "They want to see you," mahina niyang sabi.

I shut my eyes in frustration. That was the least reply I anticipated to receive from him. What the hell was his problem? He has never been this unreasonable. Nag-init bigla ang ulo ko. I was really pissed off.

"Kaya gano'n na lang? Hindi mo muna ako tinanong? Hindi mo man lang inisip kung gusto ko bang sumama o hindi? Could you, for once, be considerate?" I glared at him. Whatever I said just came out. I didn’t really intend to put up a fight with him, but I can't take this— being here without knowing why. Thinking that in a few minutes from now, I'd have to pretend everything's okay, it was sickening.

"Aya..." pagtawag niya sa pangalan ko. I hated it. I hated it every time he says my name. Dahil alam kong lalambot na naman ako. Dahil alam kong makalilimot na naman ako. Umiwas ako ng tingin. "Aya naman."

"Paolo," suway ko sa kaniya. "I want to be with you. I really do. Pero bakit ganito? Why on this party? I don’t want to see her. I don’t want to see you two together!" I couldn’t help myself but to blurt out what I was thinking.

"I want to be with you, too," he said. "So badly..." he whispered. Tinignan niya ako sa mata sabay sabing, "That's why you're here... I want to be with you, and this is the only time I could think of…”

Sa loob ng ilang minuto ay walang nagsalita sa aming dalawa. I didn’t really know where it was heading. Basta ang alam ko lang ay hindi ko siya maintindihan. He doesn't do silly things like this.

“Why were you with Jiro that afternoon?" pagbasag niya sa katahimikan. Alam kong tinutukoy niya ay 'yung nagkita kami roon habang kasama niya si Ate Abby. I looked at him, gauging him. “Yes, Aya, I’m as desperate as this to know why,” he whispered as though he was consigning his defeat. 

I was about to open my mouth to speak, pero naunahan niya ako. "Sa school, gusto kitang maka-usap. I want you to hear my explanation as I want to hear yours." Inilahad niya iyong mga kamay niya sa ere. "Pero wala, Aya. Wala. I couldn't even steal you for a moment. Kahit saan, may Jiro. Konting kibot, may Jiro. Laging may Jiro, Aya." He’s really being unreasonable.

"Can you hear yourself, Paolo? Can you?" batikos ko sa kaniya. "Kahit isang beses hindi kita ginan'yan dahil kasama mo si Ate Abby. You said you had classes, Paolo. Pero ano? Nasa mall ka. Kasama mo siya. Jiro's my friend; Ate Abby's your ex-girlfriend. Now, do you see the difference there?" I crossed my arms and shifted my body to the car's front.

"Ex, Aya. You said it, she's an ex... But that Jiro... that guy likes you!" No, Paolo, you're wrong. He didn't. He wouldn't.