Do You Believe In... (Halloween One Shot w/ Dave and Liz!)

I got this Halloween request from someone so sweet that I couldn't resist posting it ASAP. This is based off That Blue Gibson, featuring Liz and Dave in Paris the night of her birthday, in the middle of Chapter 85 between La Feline and the bar where all hell broke loose. It's not necessarily canon, but it probably could be if that's your thing. Happy Halloween! 🎃

Liz linked her arm with Dave's and he wove their fingers together before shoving their hands in his jacket pocket to keep them warm. Early autumn in Paris wasn't necessarily cold, but the breeze was chilly enough that they huddled close as they walked. They kept a fair distance back from the rest of their friends, either in comfortable silence or speaking quietly about whatever crossed their minds.

They were laughing about something Dave had said on stage earlier in the night when they saw that the group ahead had slowed to step around a pile of stone and bricks that had been smashed off of the wall beside them. Black tire marks on the sidewalk aiming directly at the ancient injured wall indicated someone had veered their car into the barrier and then took off in such a hurry that they left a side mirror and an entire rear bumper, license plate included, in their wake. 

"Dumbass," Taylor chuckled and shook his head at the debris, then continued on with Ally towards their next destination. 

Dave moved to follow, but Liz's hand went stiff in his and he glanced back to find her staring at the broken wall with Taylor's drum tech, Yeti, or Chad as Liz insisted upon calling him. 

"Dude, Morrison is in there," Yeti said to her, closely examining the fresh hole in the wall, just big enough for a person to fit through.

Liz gasped sharply and slowly turned to Dave with an excited smile.

"No." Dave stared up at the iron arch above the gates that encased the cemetery. "Hell no."

"Oh, come on," Liz teased and tugged on his sleeve. "They're just boxes of old bones, remember? I wanna meet a real rock star!" Her hand suddenly left his and she followed Yeti to the wall to get a better look.

Dave hung back, watching the rest of the group meander further up the sidewalk and groaned in frustration. 

"Please?" she playfully begged, "It's my birthday!"

"Fine," he relented, despite being fucking terrified. "You have ten minutes and then we're leaving."

She shot him a crafty smile and slithered through the hole in the wall, disappearing into the dark like she was a ghost herself. 

"Dude, I'll keep an eye out," Yeti whispered and held his arm out to help him through the wall. "Just hurry."

Dave scrambled over the broken stones, trying to be as quiet as possible while looking around for Liz. He spotted her next to an ancient oak, her eyes wide in the dim moonlight around them. 

"I thought the boxes of bones would be more... underground," she whispered once he made it to her side. 

"The ground's already full of bones," he whispered back, remembering the sign advertising the catacomb tours on the way to the bar earlier. "This was probably their only option. Jim's is this way," he reached for her hand, but she shook her head with that almost aggravating coy smile again. 

"I lied," she whispered her confession. "I have family here."

"What?" he furrowed his brow and looked around as if that would give him an answer, but he was only met with silent graves.

"This way," she whispered, taking his hand and pulling him in the opposite direction of Morrison.

They stuck close to the edge of the gravel path where the trees were thick with shadows and their footsteps were muffled by the dead grass. They had only gone about half a city block when a crunching noise behind them began to grow louder and Liz yanked him into the graves to duck behind a monument. A rickety golf cart driven by an exhausted-looking security guard rumbled past and Liz covered her mouth to suppress a giggle.